VooDoo Tiki
NOM
Alcohol Volume
Price Category
Tasting Awards
2010 TEQUILA.net Awards - Silver Medal
2010 Silver Medal

Voodoo Tiki Tequila - Coleccion Privada de la Familia Extra Anejo

Voodoo Tiki Tequila Extra Anejo is 100% Agave and aged for three years in French white oak brandy barrels. This Voodoo Tiki Private Family Collection offering is a hand blown bottle and glass Tiki head, and contains one liter of Extra Anejo Tequila.

The handcrafted wooden Tiki box is a precise replica of an original Voodoo Tiki, which stands almost 2 feet tall and weighs over 9 pounds! The interior is pre-lit and illuminates when opened, and contains 4 glass tiki shot glasses. Only 1,000 bottles of this collectible are produced each year. Each bottle is signed and numbered.

Photos by Tequila.net

Editor review

1 review
(Updated: August 10, 2009)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Voodoo Tiki Extra Anejo * Tasted August 2009 * Riedel Tequila Glass

Appearance: medium straw, golden hues - thick body and slow tears
Aroma: cooked agave, hints of butter, apple & berries
Initial Taste: agave, light oak & citrus
Spirit Body: light agave flavor, mild chocolate & mint
Finish / Aftertaste: spicy, light oak & vanilla

Voodoo Tiki's Extra Anejo is packed with rich Agave flavors throughout, buttery - spiced citrus, and an exceptional finish of chocolate, mint and vanilla. A true luxury spirit with unique packaging.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 11 0

User reviews

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

100(1)
Initial Taste

100(1)
Body

100(1)
Finish

97(1)
Enjoyability

97(1)
Price

90(1)
Presentation

100(1)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

First, the Packaging must be complimented. The large (and surprisingly heavy) Tiki box comes with their trademark handblown glass Tiki bottle - larger than normal. It includes 4 matching shot glasses and back lighting!
After opening the bottle, I was really struck by the wonderful Oak Barrel aroma as well as the hints of other aromas mixed in. Not anything I had ever experienced with tequila before. It was great.
The taste, as a result the unique blends of flavorings, was quite exceptional. I could have passed on the touch of mint (a personal preference)which would be my only points off, but certainly was left with a wonderful experience.
I have never spent this much on a bottle of liquor before and was not certain what to expect. Would it be worth it? Would I be able to tell much of a difference?
The bottle size itself and the packaging certainly made me feel there was value here, but what surprised me is how different and unique the taste was. I am very pleased with my purchase and have gotten a second bottle.
It's not what I would bring out for an everyday usage, but this will be my 'go to' beverage for sipping at special occasions.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0