Thread: Zafiro Añejo

Default Zafiro Añejo

hi,

I was watching an episode of "Breaking Bad" and in it there was a scene in which a fancy looking bottle was given to someone. It was Zafiro Añejo, I was wondering if this is a real tequila or made up. If it is real how much is it, does it taste good and where can I buy it?

Many Thanks

ald0cam

By all reports that i could find: it is a fictitious brand created by the writers. Apparently they had product placement set up (unknown brand), but it fell through because the brand did not like the idea of people dropping dead after drinking their product.

Default Zafira

Quote Originally Posted by jasonrm72 View Post
    By all reports that i could find: it is a fictitious brand created by the writers. Apparently they had product placement set up (unknown brand), but it fell through because the brand did not like the idea of people dropping dead after drinking their product.
    Didn't know about the product placement thing. That would have been an awful move. Everyone would have said "umm that's not that rare."

Sorry for gravedigging, but it's for a good reason:

For your consideration:

Zafiro Anejo(for reference, note that in the episode, it's praised for bottle being work of art) 431654_260531187358614_46802230_n.jpg

Ley .925 Ultra Premium Anejo Tequila - "Pasión Azteca" - Unique 6 year aged, 100% Blue Agave Tequila in one liter custom designed bottles. Bottles designed by Artist Fernando Altamirano, CEO of Ley .925.
    . Currently 33 bottles available, at $225'000.00 each. IMO it's safe to assume they were directly insinuating this particular brand, just couldn't get the go-ahead from .925
    Attached Images Attached Images

All I know is that it's clearly *coughpunintendedcough* not an Anejo.