Tequila Review

Brand
El Tesoro de Don Felipe
NOM
Oven Type
Alcohol Volume
Price Category

Tequila El Tesoro de Don Felipe Paradiso

El Tesoro de Don Felipe Paradiso Anejo Tequila - Irresistible and deliciously smooth. Literally a "paradise" created by Don Felipe Camarena and Alain Royer of A. de Fussigny Cognac, this unique, handcrafted blend of 100% blue agave tequilas takes on a remarkable elegance from its distinct, Cognac-barrel aging process.

User reviews

9 reviews

89%

11%
50-70 stars

0%
30-50 stars

0%
1-30 stars

0%
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

93(9)
Initial Taste

93(9)
Body

92(9)
Finish

92(9)
Enjoyability

92(9)
Price

89(9)
Presentation

90(9)
View all user reviews View most helpful
Uniquie and Delicious
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Price: $100-120/bottle

Aroma: A really nice mixture of cooked agave and honeyed, stewed fruits. Some light clove/nutmeg like spice as well

Initial Taste: The honeyed agave is very present. It's a really unique nose because it has a lovely floral sweetness without that big caramel taste.

Body: It's very light on the palate and not overly oily at all. The fruits and spice come forward a bit more and the floral notes fade a bit. For being as aged as it is, the oak is in the background and complimentary.

Finish: A long spice linger and the agave flavors sit on every part of the tongue for a nice long duration. On the very back of the palate the peppery linger mixes perfectly with the fruity sweetness.

From start to finish this tequila is interesting, unique and most importantly - delicious. The blend of aging barrels imparts a very complex profile on this one. If you are an enthusiast of tequila and of different barrel finishes, this one is a must try despite the hefty price tag. Salud to Robert and Marilyn for dreaming this one up and getting it into the hands of agave lovers everywhere!
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Keep in mind, I'm not a refined connoisseur of fine tequila. I went to my local liquor store looking for a nice sipping tequila. Of course, the first question he asked was how much I wanted to spend. I said I would like to keep my cost below $100. As a guide, I told him i've tried several of Don Julio's selections and found the Real to be very smooth but I didn't like the pepp er after taste. my guide said the Don Felipe doesn't carry the big names as Don Julio, Jose Cuervo and Patron but this Paradiso is very smooth. I don't like to spend big bucks just to try out a specific bottle and living in Kansas, very few tequila tasting are available. My guide cut me a very good price on a bottle of the Paradiso to under $100 tax included. When I popped it and poured it on the rocks (yea I know, don't do that on the first try), the aroma was very pleasing. the first sip sloshed around in my mouth was very exciting with all of the different feelings on my tongue. The finish was smooth with a little spice and no bite. Overall, if you're looking for a very good tequila for sipping, this one gets my vote. On the other hand, if you're looking for a tequila to make margaritas, Jose Cuervo Tradicional can't be beat for $18.99. Forget about that nasty Jose Cuervo Gold, that has turned off more people off of tequila (bad hangover). Next up, my guide says the Jose Cuervo reserve is kick ass but is at $149, maybe for Christmas.
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Purchased 5/1/10, paid $100 online. Sampled from 6 oz shot glass. The Box/bottle is odd to me... a cheap bottle wrapped in tissue paper with a big sticker on it? Looks like a 5yr old made it. I bought this because the Tesoro anejo is so very good. Paradiso is another story. Light caramel in color, slides down the glass quickly and gathers to form medium tears. Nose is light, sweet, fruity minimal alcohol wiff, and a plethora of spice/floral added that overwhelm the agave. If something is added it should not be muted. Thin mouth and body, smooth but so is water! The agave is all but gone here. What a departure from the other quality products NOM-1139 produce. Don't get me wrong, its OK, but not for $100? Its suppose to be tequila, but you almost forget it. I have read all the reviews below and IMHO tequila was the last thing on their mind when this was made. Boring is the word that comes to mind. Smooth is nothing with out character. This is a total miss compared to other quality anejos' for far less $. Smooth is NOT an important factor for tequila. If properly distilled, agave is smooth and delightful on it's own. But when it is over produced, as this is, you get something that is confused, muted and boring. I apologize for the rant, but Easy to drink doesn't make it "good". For a third the pride there are better tequila's out there.
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

very good anejo, a little pricy, but should give it a try,alot of wood comes thru.
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted out of a snifter. This anejo definitely was worth the money. It is quite possibly the smoothest tequila I have sipped so far. It had great balance and the agave was not lost along the way. I cant really afford a bottle of this, but if I had the extra money I'd definitely buy a bottle. Another great tequila from a great line.

Aroma: A very clean aroma full of fruit (berry) and distinct floral (violet).
Initial Taste: A semi oily mouth feel with no bitterness and no burn. First taste was fruit (again berry).
Body: A great agave body complimented nicely by slight fruit, slight vanilla, and slight cinnamon.
Finish: Great finish! A nicely heated finish of medium to long duration with a beautiful 'El Tesoro' flavor lingering.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 1
View all user reviews