Thread: Agavero

Default Agavero

Has anyone tried this? I can't find a review, or picture, in any of the categories I would think to look in.

Welcome to Agavero.com

Early in my tequila hobby, I grabbed a bottle on my way back from spring break for $20, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I had no basis for comparison, and it didn't impress me enough to pick up a bottle at $45+ in the US. How does this liqueur compare to the 1921 Cream (not quite fair, as the 1921 is far less alcoholic) and other moderately priced tequilas?

It cannot be compared to 100% Agave tequila at all. The Domania is overpowering some. But compared to other liquoers, its not to bad. I think it sits around 30% Alcohol so it doesnt pack much bite to it. They do use a blend of 100% Agave tequila.

I prefer my tequila without any additives. I have not tried 1921 Cream because I have not enjoyed cream based alcohol before so I've never wanted to waste my money. But they are 2 seperate products without any similarities I'd imagine.
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

Talking

I have tried both and they differ greatly. The Agavero is a blend of 100% repo & anejo with Damiana flower essence and no cream base. It is only 64 proof/32% alc. and it is on the sweet side. It tastes okay as an after dinner cocktail on the rocks and it can be used in certain mixed cocktails. The bottle price in my area is in the $27 to $29 range. I wouldn't pay anymore than that for it. The 1921 tequila cream is delicious! I like to sip it for dessert and has a fantastic vanilla, cinammon & mild clove type flavor. It reminds me of the Mexican version of Bailey's Irish Cream. I first sampled it in Cozumel and wish I had brought more back with me!
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

Salud, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by schultzi View Post
    Has anyone tried this? I can't find a review, or picture, in any of the categories I would think to look in.

Welcome to Agavero.com

Early in my tequila hobby, I grabbed a bottle on my way back from spring break for $20, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I had no basis for comparison, and it didn't impress me enough to pick up a bottle at $45+ in the US. How does this liqueur compare to the 1921 Cream (not quite fair, as the 1921 is far less alcoholic) and other moderately priced tequilas?
    If I were you, I wouldn't pay $45 for it. It should be around $25-$30. I agree with totallytequila and the comparison. Here's a link to our site:

AGAVERO EL ORIGINAL LICOR DE TEQUILA 750ML

I have a bottle...and when its gone I dont think I will restock it in my bar. Its ok... dont get me wrong, its just not what I like in Tequila. The wife loves it.... but thats a whole other story.....

i Love Agavero, it is on my shelf at all times. But $40+ is steep. I pay $26 in Western Massachusetts.