Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Don Julio Real. Tasted at Juan's Mexican Cafe and Cantina at my 55th Birthday celebration. A "Real" treat to finally try but this without buying the whole bottle because I was disappointed by this tequila. I think everyone holds this tequila in high regard based on the price and presentation but for me it wasn't mind blowing at all. Pretty much par for the añejo course. Nice, but all around ordinary. I expected it to be the high point of my evening but the friends, family, and the hosts and crew at Juan's made this the very special Birthday it was. I've been wanting to try this Extra Añejo for years but I came away thinking "what a great presentation". Some heat and agave bite, but little in the way of body or initial taste and I can't even recall the aftertaste as memorable. When I first got the glass in hand, (a nice $35.00 pour in a highball glass) I was thinking where's the nose? First sip told me this was a nice effort but not what I'd been dreaming about. Buy DJ 1942 all day over this one. A reasonable tequila selection (best around here) and Juan will make you his special killer fresh margarita on the rocks with your choice of tequila.
Always excellent service, a great time, and tasty food at Juan's
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments