Review Detail

Corralejo Tequila Reposado Triple Distilled
Reposados
Submitted by Tequila.net     February 13, 2007    
Tequila Corralejo Triple Distilled Reposado NOM 1368. Tasted in a Riedel glass on 1/15/09 at my home Tequila Bar. Very attractive collectable blue cobalt bottle. Light straw in color. At first I felt that the nose was somewhat compromised perhaps due to the triple distillation process with only a hint of floral overtones and shortness of legs running down the sides of the Riedel. My concerns were soon eliminated by the initial taste. The first sip starts with a tart yet sweet agave flavor followed by a light alcohol attack which grows stronger with a very pleasant peppery and herbal-like finish. I have allways enjoyed the Corralejo line of flavors and side by side the double distilled Reposado has a totally different flavor with a stronger emphasis on earthy agave and sweet caramel flavors. In my opinion this triple distilled reposado would pare very nicely with almost all types of Mexican cuisine due to it's ability to stand up and cut through the bold spicy flavors.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by totallytequila January 15, 2009
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (11)

Tequila Corralejo Triple Distilled Reposado NOM 1368. Tasted in a Riedel glass on 1/15/09 at my home Tequila Bar. Very attractive collectable blue cobalt bottle. Light straw in color. At first I felt that the nose was somewhat compromised perhaps due to the triple distillation process with only a hint of floral overtones and shortness of legs running down the sides of the Riedel. My concerns were soon eliminated by the initial taste. The first sip starts with a tart yet sweet agave flavor followed by a light alcohol attack which grows stronger with a very pleasant peppery and herbal-like finish. I have allways enjoyed the Corralejo line of flavors and side by side the double distilled Reposado has a totally different flavor with a stronger emphasis on earthy agave and sweet caramel flavors. In my opinion this triple distilled reposado would pare very nicely with almost all types of Mexican cuisine due to it's ability to stand up and cut through the bold spicy flavors.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account