Review Detail

Partida Tequila Reposado
Reposados
Submitted by Tequila.net     March 29, 2007    
Tasted on 9/21/08 out of double ball. Hmm, I really wanted to be impressed with this reposado, but I wasn't. Then again, their blanco wasn't my favorite either. I did taste 'chemicals' or additives' in the tequila. Not a turn on for me.

Aroma: Not a good aroma for me. The nose was sour for me. That's the only word I can use to describe it.
Initial Taste: On the tip of tongue, it was bitter that turned to sweet. An oily mouth feel.
Body: Much better than the initial taste. A sweet agave flavor, with nice hints of agave, citrus, and earth.
Finish: Boo on the finish. A long heated finish with an unwelcome alcohol taste/burn.

All in all, not a reposado that I like. Then again, it's rare that I find a reposado that I do like. Right now, I'd say a reposado that I like would be El Tesoro, or Fina Estampa. I realize that taste buds are a very unique thing from individual to individual. So this is nothing more than my humble opinion.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by Piña September 21, 2008
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (260)

Tasted on 9/21/08 out of double ball. Hmm, I really wanted to be impressed with this reposado, but I wasn't. Then again, their blanco wasn't my favorite either. I did taste 'chemicals' or additives' in the tequila. Not a turn on for me.

Aroma: Not a good aroma for me. The nose was sour for me. That's the only word I can use to describe it.
Initial Taste: On the tip of tongue, it was bitter that turned to sweet. An oily mouth feel.
Body: Much better than the initial taste. A sweet agave flavor, with nice hints of agave, citrus, and earth.
Finish: Boo on the finish. A long heated finish with an unwelcome alcohol taste/burn.

All in all, not a reposado that I like. Then again, it's rare that I find a reposado that I do like. Right now, I'd say a reposado that I like would be El Tesoro, or Fina Estampa. I realize that taste buds are a very unique thing from individual to individual. So this is nothing more than my humble opinion.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account