Review Detail

Trianon Tequila Reposado
Reposados
Submitted by Tequila.net     December 28, 2013    
A few weeks back I reviewed the Trianon Blanco and was pleasantly surprised. Nice natural flavors, great packaging and well priced. So, I think it's time to move on to the reposado and see if the barrel treats this one well. If you want a little more brand background, please look back at the blanco review. For now, I'm going in...

Price: $30-35/bottle
Aroma: A big cooked agave aroma fills your nose. There's hint of citrus and nutmeg (or other brown spice) as well. A really inviting nose.
Initial Taste: More green than the nose might indicate. The agave flavor is potent up front with vegetal notes and strong pepper. Not as sweet as it was on the aroma.
Body: Medium bodied. A slight hint of bitterness from the wood and still a nice peppery kick. The brown spices are back as well.
Finish: A fairly lengthy finish with some nice oak notes and lengthy pepper linger. All in all a solid finish.

Much like the blanco, this is a solid entry. It has the balance that a good reposado should have and a strong agave kick. Priced about where it should be in the marketplace. I'll say it again. If you can find the 3 stack, pick it up and have fun with the Trianon vertical. I'm looking forward to digging into the añejo soon
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by Tequila Tourist July 06, 2015
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (414)

A few weeks back I reviewed the Trianon Blanco and was pleasantly surprised. Nice natural flavors, great packaging and well priced. So, I think it's time to move on to the reposado and see if the barrel treats this one well. If you want a little more brand background, please look back at the blanco review. For now, I'm going in...

Price: $30-35/bottle
Aroma: A big cooked agave aroma fills your nose. There's hint of citrus and nutmeg (or other brown spice) as well. A really inviting nose.
Initial Taste: More green than the nose might indicate. The agave flavor is potent up front with vegetal notes and strong pepper. Not as sweet as it was on the aroma.
Body: Medium bodied. A slight hint of bitterness from the wood and still a nice peppery kick. The brown spices are back as well.
Finish: A fairly lengthy finish with some nice oak notes and lengthy pepper linger. All in all a solid finish.

Much like the blanco, this is a solid entry. It has the balance that a good reposado should have and a strong agave kick. Priced about where it should be in the marketplace. I'll say it again. If you can find the 3 stack, pick it up and have fun with the Trianon vertical. I'm looking forward to digging into the añejo soon

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account