Review Detail

Hacienda Vieja Tequila Reposado
Reposados
Submitted by Tequila.net     March 15, 2007    
Tasted 01/17/15 from a Riedel Tequila Glass.
Pale amber color.
Aroma: Medium fragrance of roasted agave, oak, and spices with caramel and citrus notes.
Initial Taste: Well-balanced flavors of agave, oak, white pepper and caramel with a subtle alcohol note.
Body: Medium body with a light buttery mouth-feel that allows the flavors to blend together on the palate.
Finish: A slightly heated medium-length finish of agave and oak with a mild peppery kick.
Price: $15.99 to $21.99

This reposado is an excellent value under $20. It is is a good mixer and also a decent sipping tequila. It is better than most value brands in this price range and certainly much better than most mixto brands on the market. This is very similar to El Espolon Reposado, which I gave slightly higher marks in a side-by-side tasting.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by SD Sipper January 19, 2015
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (36)

Tasted 01/17/15 from a Riedel Tequila Glass.
Pale amber color.
Aroma: Medium fragrance of roasted agave, oak, and spices with caramel and citrus notes.
Initial Taste: Well-balanced flavors of agave, oak, white pepper and caramel with a subtle alcohol note.
Body: Medium body with a light buttery mouth-feel that allows the flavors to blend together on the palate.
Finish: A slightly heated medium-length finish of agave and oak with a mild peppery kick.
Price: $15.99 to $21.99

This reposado is an excellent value under $20. It is is a good mixer and also a decent sipping tequila. It is better than most value brands in this price range and certainly much better than most mixto brands on the market. This is very similar to El Espolon Reposado, which I gave slightly higher marks in a side-by-side tasting.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account