Review Detail

Antiguo Tequila Blanco
Blancos
Submitted by Tequila.net     October 25, 2009    
From the Brown-Forman/Herradura monolith, this is my first shot at any Antiguo variety. I'm not the #1 fan of Herradura, but I'm always willing to try something new. There's been plenty of brands that have surprised me over the years. Let's see...

Aroma: A very interesting nose. Agave, earth and a bit of berries (raspberry/blackberry). It's almost like a cross between a tequila and a red wine.
Initial Taste: Smooth agave entry with a hint of earth.
Body: The earthy agave is complimented by the berry fruits to make for a very unique feel and taste on the tongue.
Finish: Medium-short finish, but it has a very nice peppery bite to it. The fruit lingers around nicely as well with just a hint of earthy bitternes. I wish it lasted a bit longer.

They did a really nice job with this blanco. In all honesty, my expectations were low and I was nicely surprised. I'll be sipping this one for sure, but I think it would make an outstanding mixer if you were so inclined. The presentation is blah, but the juice inside is very good. Well done Antiguo!
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by Tequila Tourist July 05, 2012
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (414)

From the Brown-Forman/Herradura monolith, this is my first shot at any Antiguo variety. I'm not the #1 fan of Herradura, but I'm always willing to try something new. There's been plenty of brands that have surprised me over the years. Let's see...

Aroma: A very interesting nose. Agave, earth and a bit of berries (raspberry/blackberry). It's almost like a cross between a tequila and a red wine.
Initial Taste: Smooth agave entry with a hint of earth.
Body: The earthy agave is complimented by the berry fruits to make for a very unique feel and taste on the tongue.
Finish: Medium-short finish, but it has a very nice peppery bite to it. The fruit lingers around nicely as well with just a hint of earthy bitternes. I wish it lasted a bit longer.

They did a really nice job with this blanco. In all honesty, my expectations were low and I was nicely surprised. I'll be sipping this one for sure, but I think it would make an outstanding mixer if you were so inclined. The presentation is blah, but the juice inside is very good. Well done Antiguo!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account