Review Detail

Revolucion Tequila Silver
Blancos
Submitted by Tequila.net     July 02, 2009    
Crystalline, but very thin in the Riedel glass. Light nose of earthy baked agave with a faint chemical backnote and a whiff of smoke. Entry is soft and fairly round - slightly sweet. Only flavour development in the body is a subdued spice like cinnamon and a dry metallic edge. There is little to note in the finish - it just drifts off somewhere, leaving a very mild bitterness at the edges of the tongue.
In fairness, it should be noted that this is the Mexican product. It weighs in at 35% alcohol, and this clearly has much to do with its lacklustre profile. I am certain that the 40% export version is going to be more agreeable, but as for this variant, there is little here to recommend.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by deedub April 14, 2010
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (47)

Crystalline, but very thin in the Riedel glass. Light nose of earthy baked agave with a faint chemical backnote and a whiff of smoke. Entry is soft and fairly round - slightly sweet. Only flavour development in the body is a subdued spice like cinnamon and a dry metallic edge. There is little to note in the finish - it just drifts off somewhere, leaving a very mild bitterness at the edges of the tongue.
In fairness, it should be noted that this is the Mexican product. It weighs in at 35% alcohol, and this clearly has much to do with its lacklustre profile. I am certain that the 40% export version is going to be more agreeable, but as for this variant, there is little here to recommend.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account