Review Detail

Dulce Vida Tequila Anejo
Anejos
Submitted by Tequila.net     July 25, 2010    
I have found my desert island tequila. To begin: A giant deep dark roasted nutty caramel nose. It actually wafts towards you from the glass. The smell alone is award-worthy. The mouthfeel is big and thick, matching the dark amber colour of the anejo. Taste offers more cooked caramel, fruit, a touch of wood, and lots of agave. A textbook definition of perfectly balanced. This is an incredibly flavourful yet easy-drinking 100 proof. Then the finish strikes, like the slow rush of a snakebite, hot and spicy venom doing a marathon Day of the Dead dance on your tongue. This tequila is a beautiful monster that has become my gold standard for all other tequilas. Epic and magnificent.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by tmou July 07, 2013
Last updated: July 07, 2013
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (23)

I have found my desert island tequila. To begin: A giant deep dark roasted nutty caramel nose. It actually wafts towards you from the glass. The smell alone is award-worthy. The mouthfeel is big and thick, matching the dark amber colour of the anejo. Taste offers more cooked caramel, fruit, a touch of wood, and lots of agave. A textbook definition of perfectly balanced. This is an incredibly flavourful yet easy-drinking 100 proof. Then the finish strikes, like the slow rush of a snakebite, hot and spicy venom doing a marathon Day of the Dead dance on your tongue. This tequila is a beautiful monster that has become my gold standard for all other tequilas. Epic and magnificent.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account