Review Detail

XQ Tequila Gran Reserva Anejo
Anejos
Submitted by Tequila.net     April 14, 2007    
Bought this 1/20/10 paid $70, and I will admit, because of the "X" bottle. I waited to open because I was prepared for a disappointment... couldn't be more wrong! Sampled from a 6 oz shot glass. Color is medium caramel, leave long legs and a few tears. Nose is sweet agave/vanilla. Initial mouth feel is medium/thick and holds nice on the tongue with the oak coming through after a bit. Very smooth on the way down building in heat upon completion, leaving minimal alcohol numbing and a lingering intense earthy feel after 3-4 oz. The more I drink this the better it gets, it seems to permeate the buds and the individual flavors/body continue to build. A slightly hotter finish would be perfect, Overall a nice anejo.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by sdnerf April 10, 2010
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (53)

Bought this 1/20/10 paid $70, and I will admit, because of the "X" bottle. I waited to open because I was prepared for a disappointment... couldn't be more wrong! Sampled from a 6 oz shot glass. Color is medium caramel, leave long legs and a few tears. Nose is sweet agave/vanilla. Initial mouth feel is medium/thick and holds nice on the tongue with the oak coming through after a bit. Very smooth on the way down building in heat upon completion, leaving minimal alcohol numbing and a lingering intense earthy feel after 3-4 oz. The more I drink this the better it gets, it seems to permeate the buds and the individual flavors/body continue to build. A slightly hotter finish would be perfect, Overall a nice anejo.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account