As shown in the graph above, besides a few years in the early 2000's and 2009, Tequila production continues to grow in both Mexico consumption and export. Consumers are getting smarter, 100% Agave Tequila production surpassed Mixto Tequila production in 2008, and continues to increase the gap. The big question is whether or not Mexico can keep up the demand, which has tripled over the last 15 years.

Viewing the top 11 countries for Tequila export above, the United States is responsible for 72.3% of all exported Tequila, with another 106 countries making up the remaining 27.7%. Tequila imports in the United States have risen over 25% in the last 8 years, and the latest Tequila hotspot, Australia, has an enormous increase in the same amount of time.