Anejos Mi Tierra Tequila Anejo

Mi Tierra Tequila Anejo http://www.tequila.net/media/reviews/photos/thumbnail/350x350s/25/bb/0f/1059_mi_tierra_tequila_anejo_1233870794.jpg Hot

Submitted by Piña     November 18, 2008    

92 (2)
14988   0   1   0   0

Tequila Review

NOM
Agave Region
Extraction Method
Distillation Method
Distillation
Barrel - Cask
Alcohol Volume
Price Category

Tequila Mi Tierra Anejo

Tequila Mi Tierra Anejo is 100% Agave and aged in White Oak for over one year. It is produced at Tequilera de la Barranca de Amatitan, which was established in 2000 by Doña Ana Rosa Carrillo. One of the missions of Tequilera de la Barranca de Amatitán is to contribute to the preservation of the Mexican values and traditions. Ana Rosa Carrillo exhibits parts of the Mexican and local culture from Jalisco through the Tequila she produces.

User reviews

Average user rating from: 2 user(s)

Already have an account? or Create an account
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

93  (2)
Initial Taste 

92  (2)
Body 

92  (2)
Finish 

92  (2)
Enjoyability 

91  (2)
Price 

97  (2)
Presentation 

97  (2)
Aroma: Fruity agave with a bit of an alcohol nose.
Initial Taste: Citrus fruits and agave
Body: Medium body. A ton a flavors come out the longer it sits on the palate. Smoke, fruit, pepper and wood with the strongest being the spicy/pepper notes.
Finish: A nice long finish that lingers around a long time. This is not a soft anejo with no tingle. This one stays on the tongue for a while to remind you that this is an agave spirit.

All in all a pretty darn good tequila for $33 (purchased at Mission). It's not my favorite, but it retains a lot of nice characteristics of agave and also has the nice notes of something well aged. It comes in a nice looking pina bottle as well which says authentic.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by Tequila Tourist April 06, 2012
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (405)

Aroma: Fruity agave with a bit of an alcohol nose.
Initial Taste: Citrus fruits and agave
Body: Medium body. A ton a flavors come out the longer it sits on the palate. Smoke, fruit, pepper and wood with the strongest being the spicy/pepper notes.
Finish: A nice long finish that lingers around a long time. This is not a soft anejo with no tingle. This one stays on the tongue for a while to remind you that this is an agave spirit.

All in all a pretty darn good tequila for $33 (purchased at Mission). It's not my favorite, but it retains a lot of nice characteristics of agave and also has the nice notes of something well aged. It comes in a nice looking pina bottle as well which says authentic.

Was this review helpful to you? 
Tasted 8/21 & 8/26 2009 out of a Tequila shot glass. This was one of those Tequilas that by presentation only said please drink me. Although, I consider myself a bit of a Tequila snob, especially when it comes to the Anejo's, the nose was very pleasing with a hint of sweetness. The color was spot on, but the body lean more to a Reposado with very little smoke and wood flavor. The initial taste was hard and even the finish had a bit of alcohol intensity that was a little more than I prefer. Overall, for the price it still a good Anejo.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by pilipo56 August 26, 2009
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (2)

Tasted 8/21 & 8/26 2009 out of a Tequila shot glass. This was one of those Tequilas that by presentation only said please drink me. Although, I consider myself a bit of a Tequila snob, especially when it comes to the Anejo's, the nose was very pleasing with a hint of sweetness. The color was spot on, but the body lean more to a Reposado with very little smoke and wood flavor. The initial taste was hard and even the finish had a bit of alcohol intensity that was a little more than I prefer. Overall, for the price it still a good Anejo.

Was this review helpful to you?