Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

MuchOte Tequila Reposado tasted 3/28/08 in a Riedel glass. I purchased this bottle online with Total Beverage for 28 dollars. This is a perfect example of a really good tequila, at an excellent price presented in a really lame bottle, so I'm torn! The truth is you can't have it all and the makers of MuchOte have done a great job striking and offering a happy medium. The color is a light medium golden hue and the initial nose was sweet and really inviting. Sweet nectar with a nose tingling alcohol and agave base. In the glass it has quick legs. On the tongue it has a light mouth feel and thin body. A strong tequila profile in the nose and throat, with a very long mouth numbing heat after swallowing. This repo is not fooling around or whimpy at all! Not sweet and the taste is pure agave, with lots of smoke, some wood, and mild bitterness on the tongue but not in the aftertaste. I'm very glad I decided to give this a try. It didn't disappoint. The presentation is another matter but the price more than makes up for it. Just as basic as it gets. I like the screw cap for a change and nice labeling. The work and effort here went into the tequila. It will surprise you!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments