Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Querido Viejo Reposado NOM 1431 Tasted on 12/13/07 at 9pm. I tasted this 9 month aged tequila at a friend's house in a Riedel glass. Each bottle is numbered and comes in a rustic wooden box with a custom bottle stopper. While the bottle comes with the custom bottle stopper, I would not recommend using it. The stopper does not properly seal the bottle and, thus, I would not recommend using it for anything other than short term use. The tequila is a pale yellow golden color and has intense aromas of floral and moderate to intense fruit. Less apparent aromas include moderate earth and mild spice. Initial aspects of the tequila are a thin to medium mouth feel that provides a mellow and soft sensation on the tip of the tongue. Upon first taste, the tequila has a minimal hint of bitterness and a low level of sweetness. Flavors of Querido Viejo Reposado include moderate to intense floral followed by mild to moderate agave and earth. Finishing with mild fruit and hints of wood and spice, this tequila experience comes to an end with a medium to short duration of flavor and a numbing alcohol intensity. In my opinion, this tequila is a little too watery for me and seemed to lose flavor too quickly. However, some of the other people at the house did enjoy it a lot. I guess this is a perfect example of different preferences and tastes for different people. I ended up awarding Querido Viejo Reposado tequila with the rating of 86/87 points out of 100.
TJ
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments