Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tequila Agave DOS MIL Reposado tasted 10/29/07 NOM 1079 in Riedels.
I was really looking forward to trying this new reposado but I was surprised at how close it was to an anejo. The aroma/nose on first inspection brought out lots of vanilla, olive and cinnamon, (to me very desirable characteristics). Initial taste had hints of honey, citrus, and again vanilla. Nice. I also thought I picked up fruitiness (mango?) The body was light to medium, not as heavy as Orgullo. As dark in amber and golden hues as any anejo I felt it was very much like an anejo in strength and taste, lacking in comparison to anejos only in aroma. It has lots of warm zing and alcohol heat. I found it quite strong for a reposado. It has a long sustained lingering alcohol end with a slight mild bitter agave finish. Agave DOS MIL Reposado is enjoyable, very mellow and smooth tequila that I think most anejo lovers will like and can maybe save a little money buying over an anejo. The presentation is a wonderfully original neat and clean bottle design with smooth clear glass sides in the shape of agave leaves while the front and back are etched in a flat matte finish. Gold and blue printing without a paper label put the finishing touches to this classy tequila holder. I found nothing lacking or not to be liked about this new reposado and can highly recommend it to everyone.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments