Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I'm not going to beat around the bush - this is a splendid reposado in my estimation. As far as reposados go, this is in my top ten for sure...flirting with top five.

A very fruity nose. I can't put my finger on any particular fruit, so I'll just go with bubblegum...and I don't mean that in a bad way - this smells delicious. A sweet entry with subtle fruit and spice notes. It loses the bubblegum taste, and evolves into something very nice. A medium-to-light weight in my mouth, with a slight tingling around the edge of my tongue. There is a bit of oiliness in the body, but also a dry aspect from the oak. It has a wonderful finish of slight heat, but it hits the tongue and the throat evenly, and lasts a nice long while - continued delicious lingering of fruit that turns slightly vegetal in the end.

This is a very enjoyable sipping experience. Every aspect is superb and top-notch. I just wish this reposado was more readily available; if you can find it, it's usually $45-50, and it is well worth that price in my opinion. A nice bottle presentaion with a paper label and cork stopper, although I'm not sure I get the equestrian theme. The bottle's glass is green, which may help keep out damaging sunlight. Don't pass this one up!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments