Review Detail

Karma Tequila Reposado
Reposados
Submitted by Tequila.net     September 04, 2011    
It was over 300 reviews ago that I wrote about Karma Silver. When I wrote that review, I never in my life would have dreamed that I'd ever taste 300+ tequilas. But the jimadores and master distillers of Mexico keep making wonderful agave distillate and I'm happy to search the shelves trying to find the best ones.

Price: $30-40/bottle

Aroma: Musty agave. Light vanilla.

Initial Taste: Buttery agave entry with hints of vanilla.

Body: Medium-oily mouth feel. Spice notes (cinnamon) come forward to compliment the vanilla and agave.

Finish: A fairly pleasant sizzle on the finish from cinnamon and pepper. Light sweetness lingers as well. A pleasant, but not notable finish.

This is a farily tasty reposado, but there’s nothing special about it. If you like light vanilla and some baking spice notes to go along with a light agave flavor, this is a good option for you. In the $30 price range, this is a solid buy in a cool bottle. It won't change your life, but you should enjoy every ounce of what Karma Reposado has to offer.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by Tequila Tourist October 30, 2013
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (414)

Good Karma...Maybe Not Great

It was over 300 reviews ago that I wrote about Karma Silver. When I wrote that review, I never in my life would have dreamed that I'd ever taste 300+ tequilas. But the jimadores and master distillers of Mexico keep making wonderful agave distillate and I'm happy to search the shelves trying to find the best ones.

Price: $30-40/bottle

Aroma: Musty agave. Light vanilla.

Initial Taste: Buttery agave entry with hints of vanilla.

Body: Medium-oily mouth feel. Spice notes (cinnamon) come forward to compliment the vanilla and agave.

Finish: A fairly pleasant sizzle on the finish from cinnamon and pepper. Light sweetness lingers as well. A pleasant, but not notable finish.

This is a farily tasty reposado, but there’s nothing special about it. If you like light vanilla and some baking spice notes to go along with a light agave flavor, this is a good option for you. In the $30 price range, this is a solid buy in a cool bottle. It won't change your life, but you should enjoy every ounce of what Karma Reposado has to offer.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account