Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This is my final review on the Luna Nueva line of tequilas. Not to be confused with the 2012 Luna Nueva line, which is made at an entirely different distillery (NOM 1107). This one is made at a fairly new one: NOM 1558 (Premium de Jalisco, S.A. de C.V.). Having had the blanco and the añejo, I'm pretty sure of what to expect with this one, so let's dive right in.

Price: $35-40/bottle

Aroma: A lot of butter, caramel and vanilla on the nose. A lot like the añejo. It should be noted that the color is similar to a lot of añejos.

Initial Taste: A nice buttery agave sweetness with vanilla and light baking spice.

Body: Nice oils on the body and a medium-thick mouth feel. A consistent vanilla sweetness. The agave is hard to detect, but it still has a pleasant dessert flavor.

Finish: More spice linger than I expected. It's a pretty good finish given the sweet softness of the rest of the drink and it hangs around for a decent amount of time.

This is a nice mix of the good parts of the other two expressions. It's certain sweet and has more dessert than plant notes, but it's tasty and has a solid and spicy finish. If I'm in the mood for something on the sweeter side, Luna Nueva fits the bill nicely. Each expression has the characteristics that you would expect and they all have a good mouth feel and flavor. Solid line from top to bottom.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments