Review Detail

Cazadores Tequila Reposado
Reposados
Submitted by El Jefe     May 20, 2008    
Simply, this is a good middle ground reposado (price-wise). It's a good reposado for introducing shot drinkers into the sipping clan, although surprisingly cloying and heavy on the vanilla for old hands. It's got just enough burn to kick a spur into your side. Not much aroma beyond a powerful agave sweetness. Initial hit will be a sweet surprise for people used to snappy blancos or cheap tequilas, but the finish is harsh and lacking in complexity. At its usual price point, it's a decent choice for mixing or sipping. As for the packaging, I don't care a bit... but for what it's worth, the bottle is boring and the label is mediocre, if you're into displaying these things as works of art.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by melangel August 30, 2013
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Still a contender for middle-shelf Repo champion

Simply, this is a good middle ground reposado (price-wise). It's a good reposado for introducing shot drinkers into the sipping clan, although surprisingly cloying and heavy on the vanilla for old hands. It's got just enough burn to kick a spur into your side. Not much aroma beyond a powerful agave sweetness. Initial hit will be a sweet surprise for people used to snappy blancos or cheap tequilas, but the finish is harsh and lacking in complexity. At its usual price point, it's a decent choice for mixing or sipping. As for the packaging, I don't care a bit... but for what it's worth, the bottle is boring and the label is mediocre, if you're into displaying these things as works of art.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account