Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

The more I drink tequilas from NOM 1173 (Corporativo Destileria Santa Lucia, S.A. de C.V.), the bigger a fan I become of their overall portfolio. I've recently had the pleasure of tasting other brands like El Capo, Julio Cesar Chavez and El Destilador and they all deliver good value for the money. This is my first chance to taste La Puerta Negra. And even though the price on this one is low...the expectations are actually fairly high.

Price: $15-20/bottle

Aroma: Cooked agave, notes of spice and light vanilla.

Initial Taste: Agave, light mint and vanilla

Body: Medium body…and a nice mix of vanilla, oak, spice and hint of bitter chocolate.

Finish: A medium linger. The vanilla and spice are the most prominent. It fades away softly. Very pleasant.

La Puerta Negra reposado has a lot of the elements that I like from the previous entries from NOM 1173, but it's just a bit more muted. The flavors are balanced and it's really smooth. In a perfect world, there would be more of them. But here's the thing that should make you jump at going to get it. Right now it can be purchased for $9.99 at Hi Time Wines. At that price, you should probably just pick up 6 for all of your summer mixing and party needs.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments