Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Cork stopper with wooden top. Old bottles had a handblown look, but were not truly hand blown. New bottles are the same shape but clear glass. Old, old bottles had a screwtop metal cap and resembled a standard bottle/shape tall and round, with a paper label. Ok here it goes. This Tequila is a very light straw yellow coloured Reposado, in the wrong light you could even mistaken it for a Blanco.Very thick uniform legs as you swirl it in the glass. It is aged for 8 months On the nose right now all we can detect is a mineral earthy smell is the best way for me to describe it. Very pleasant to me and one that I usually connect with a stone ground tequila but I don't think Chinaco is. Maybe a tad bit of citrus on a deep inhalation which quickly gives way to a bit of nasal burn. With the "hand rub" test i think I detect some peppermint. The attack is warm agave intensity,but mucho suave.Dry not sweet. Not so much as a burn but as a tingle. Pepper and spice.With subtle Vanilla/Caramel hints. Long mild finish with a tad bit of anise at the very end. In all a very enjoyable Tequila IMHO as can be verified by my empty bottle.I need another bottle!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments