Review Detail

Reserva del Senor Tequila Reposado
Reposados
Submitted by Tequila.net     March 29, 2007    
I purchased this a few months ago, have been "sampling" since, I typically have a few oz's from a big shot glass. Reserva del Senor, NOM-1124, is my favorite Reposado, and a top 5 tequila regardless of time in the barrel. The bottle is attractive but the contents are the real star. Straw in color, bleeds down the side, minimal legs, and will gather after a bit. Citrus/floral nose with some agave sweetness. Thin in the mouth yet holds surprisingly well. Tastes almost like grapefruit at one point on the way down then some heat, oak and a tinge of numbing on the tongue... an excellent finish. This is far more complex than the run of the mill repo, do yourself a favor and get a bottle.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by sdnerf April 12, 2010
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (53)

I purchased this a few months ago, have been "sampling" since, I typically have a few oz's from a big shot glass. Reserva del Senor, NOM-1124, is my favorite Reposado, and a top 5 tequila regardless of time in the barrel. The bottle is attractive but the contents are the real star. Straw in color, bleeds down the side, minimal legs, and will gather after a bit. Citrus/floral nose with some agave sweetness. Thin in the mouth yet holds surprisingly well. Tastes almost like grapefruit at one point on the way down then some heat, oak and a tinge of numbing on the tongue... an excellent finish. This is far more complex than the run of the mill repo, do yourself a favor and get a bottle.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account