Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Picked this up for $68 in NY. I was bummed they didn't have the anejo as I prefer those over reposado's, but I couldn't pass up the beauty of the bottle for what I thought was a good price.

Very smooth rep, and more complex than most. Don't love the smell, pretty astringent, but I don't drink tequila for the smell (even though I appreciate a good aroma) and fortunately it didn't taste nearly as strong as it smelled. Still in the nose, hidden under the pungent alcohol smell, were sweet hints of honey, caramel, and smoke.

Really nice flavor with a very nice blend of wood and agave, on the sweet side. Very smooth - not the smoothest I've had, but more than many rep's. Kind of a smokey and peppery finish, at least more than the sweet flavors upon entry would have clued me off to.

If you love reposado's this is worth checking out I think. I wouldn't recommend if you're ordering out and have a wide selection as there are better selections, but if you're picking up a bottle of something and you'll display it this is a beauty.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments