Review Detail

Don Valente Tequila Reposado Artesanal
Reposados
Submitted by Tequila.net     March 12, 2007    
I find this to be atypical of its origins in El Arenal, exhibiting, as it does, characteristics more frequently seen in tequilas from Los Altos. That being said, every aspect of this fine reposado invites a more intimate examination -Brilliant pale gold in colour and with full viscosity it confidently offers deep aromas of sweet rich agave and wood. Body is luscious agave with more wood and a late spice note creeping in. Don Valente finishes with the same confidence - spice, pepper and a superbly balanced alcohol flush.
The care taken in the production of this tequila is evident - it is a splendid top-shelf reposado from start to finish.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by deedub June 09, 2009
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (47)

I find this to be atypical of its origins in El Arenal, exhibiting, as it does, characteristics more frequently seen in tequilas from Los Altos. That being said, every aspect of this fine reposado invites a more intimate examination -Brilliant pale gold in colour and with full viscosity it confidently offers deep aromas of sweet rich agave and wood. Body is luscious agave with more wood and a late spice note creeping in. Don Valente finishes with the same confidence - spice, pepper and a superbly balanced alcohol flush.
The care taken in the production of this tequila is evident - it is a splendid top-shelf reposado from start to finish.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account