Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I don’t have a ton of experience with mezcals, but given their relationship with tequilas, I feel that I should learn a bit more about them and the flavors inherent in that Mexican spirit. Here goes:

Aroma: Smoke and oak.
Initial Taste: There is some initial sweetness that had some citric acidity to it. There’s also some grass and the approaching smoke flavor.
Body: Medium-thin body. Not really oily at all. The smoke is very forward, but there are complimentary flavors or fruit, grass and a touch of vanilla.
Finish: The finish last a medium-long duration with flavors of smoke, wood and a hint of something that tastes like rubber. It could be an earthy aspect of mezcals with which I’m not familiar. At the end of the finish, the smoke is the most prominent.

It’s not totally unpleasant, but I can assure you that mezcals are a spirit that you don’t just jump into right away and fully understand…much like an islay scotch. It’s complex, but very different than an aged tequila. It doesn’t have as much sweetness, but definitely has complex flavors. If you enjoy an islay scotch or a sweet/smoky combo, you would probably enjoy this mezcal.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments