Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Bought 3/2/10, paid $46, sampled from a tall shot glass. The bottle is elegant but a bit bland, corked top, your not buying because of the bottle I hope. Color is a beautiful amber slides quickly down the glass, leaves lasting legs and will gather on the sides after several moments. Let it settle for a bit, the nose will get more complex, agave, alcohol, caramel, vanilla, oak... and much more. Wow, settles nicely on the tongue, almost a shame to have to swallow, I held this longer than most, letting it infuse with the buds, too good. Swallowing is another reward. Excellent body, smooooooooooth, full of multiple details that can only be achieved with substantial time in the barrel and frankly defy description. Has a delayed finish with a slight alcohol burn that lingers on the tongue.... very nice. Like a good women, this anejo leaves only fond memories.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
April 15, 2010
Would you say this Tequila has a smokey or burnt wood flavor? I am always looking for tequilas that have been rested in clean wood barrels, rather then used bourbon barrels. I am looking for Agave not Bourbon flavors.
A
AdamMathew
May 03, 2010
In reply to an earlier comment

Hello Adam,
I agree with you, I like agave as well, but I dont mind how they get there as long as the product is a good tequila. I find that if the "juice" sets too long in a whiskey/bourbon barrel, the agave gets over powered and gets lost in the process. I like cognac... but not when I drink tequila. After reading your reviews, try Don Eduardo Anejo($45), NOM-1119... Its very very good and I think you'll enjoy it. Don't worry that they make some other iffy tequilas, this is an excellent Anejo, light, sweet nose, med mouth, smooth and a med finish that builds with time. Enjoy.
S
sdnerf
2 results - showing 1 - 2