Oven Type
Distillation
Alcohol Volume
Price Category
Tasting Awards
2011 TEQUILA.net Awards - "Best of the Best" Best Blanco Tequila Judge Favorite
2011 TEQUILA.net Awards - Best of the Best

La Cava de Los Morales Tequila Blanco

La Cava de Los Morales Tequila Blanco is 100% Agave and produced at Destiladora de Valle de Tequila. This Kosher certified Blanco Tequila is bottled directly after distillation.

La Cava de Los Morales – “From the Cellar of Eduardo Morales”
From the 3rd Generation of the Villanueva Family Distilleries another chapter is written in the 100% category and the vision of Eduardo Morales produces another option for quality, value & purity.

Morales Tequila is crafted at the Destiladora del Valle NOM 1438 where meticulous attention to detail and passionate production of over 30 Tequilas occur on a weekly basis.

“Morales 100% Agave Tequila is an option for restaurants, bars, hotels and Mixologists that want to serve their guests a pure product for about the same cost of a mixto” says Mr. Morales. He also stated “I developed a recipe that I’m proud to put my name on and at a price that I feel is honest and beneficial to the trade.”

User reviews

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

88(1)
Initial Taste

89(1)
Body

85(1)
Finish

82(1)
Enjoyability

85(1)
Price

96(1)
Presentation

90(1)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

The nose is mostly banana, with white pepper and mint; not a lot of complexity, but nothing offensive either. The taste is much like the nose: sweet banana, but also some crisp mintiness to balance it out...sort of. Instead of being balanced overall, it's more like two extremes competing for dominance between the sweet banana and the mint. The body is light in weight, but not watery. Finish is pretty non-existent - lightning-quick with only a faint lingering of the initial taste.

This will never make it as a sipper, but I don't think that was the goal here anyway. It's basically a really good bargain mixer. I paid $10 for a liter, which still boggles my mind for a decent 100% agave tequila, especially in that size of bottle. It has a very basic bottle with a plastic screwcap; actually a bottle that could be reused for other liquids if you peel off the labeling; it is very functional and a liter in size.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0