Tequila Review

Brand
Los Azulejos
NOM
Tasting Awards
2011 TEQUILA.net Awards - "Best of the Best" Best Lowland Añejo Tequila
2011 TEQUILA.net Awards - Best of the Best

Los Azulejos Tequila Anejo Talavera Bottle

Los Azulejos Tequila Anejo Talavera is 100% Agave, steam cooked, and aged for at least one year.

This special edition Talavera bottle is hand crafted and hand painted to produce a truly unique container for a truly unique Tequila.

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

95(2)
Initial Taste

93(2)
Body

93(2)
Finish

94(2)
Enjoyability

94(2)
Price

94(2)
Presentation

96(2)
Los Azulejos Tequila Anejo - Talavera Bottle
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Every bottle is different - no two bottles of Talavera Anejo are decorated the same. The tequila inside each hand-painted clay bottle is equally remarkably exceptional. This is a tequila that will be remembered by anyone who tastes it. If you purchase a bottle, you will have a beautiful piece of art to reinforce the memory of the liquid inside. It is near the top of any list for presentation. The price of around $100 is a bargain - for you get two wonderful things for the price of one. Generally, I prefer highland tequilas, but this is an exceptional offering from the town of Tequila itself. Although Destiladora del Valle de Tequila makes a wide range of products - this is their premier offering. When you pull the ceramic top off and pour a double shot into a Riedel glass, it smells like DJ 1942. There are thick legs with a rich copper color in the heart of the glass. It smells like heaven - if heaven is sugar and spice and everything nice. Taking the tequila and holding it in the front of the mouth - there is no overwhelming element. It is a perfect mixture of everything good and nothing bad. I detected an earthy agave flavor with supporting notes of cinnamon and tamarind. Drizzling it slowly down the throat brought a very slight burn on the first taste but the second swallow proved the pedigree was top notch. Sip this one with a selection of fruits between tastes. Virtually no bitter aftertaste as with many lowland offerings.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted on 08/13/08 out of double ball glass. What a great anejo. I thought earlier today that I had tasted a great anejo, but I came to this one and I was very impressed. Not the typical anejo. Not syrupy, not carmely. Im looking forward to getting a bottle of this.

Aroma: Cinnamon, and spices.
Initial Taste: Nice and sweet, not too sweet. No bitterness, a semi oily mouth feel.
Body: Very balanced agave, with wood, cinnamon, earth, and spices. The balance was very nice, and there was alot to balance!
Finish: A semi heated duration, with no alcohol burn. A very decent finish.

I like this one alot.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0