41177 0 1 0 8
D'Antaño Tequila Anejo

Tequila Review

NOM
Oven Type
Extraction Method
Distillation Method

D'Antaño Anejo Tequila

D'Antaño Anejo Tequila - Choice white oak barrels and five long years of patient aging produce the epitome of Tequila sophistication. The oak barrel is a mere frame for a masterpiece in character.

History: The Tequila Siete Leguas distillery was responsible for producing the "original" Patron Tequila brand, and brand rights were sold to St. Maarten Spirits, owners John Paul DeJoria (Paul Mitchell Hair Products) and Martin Crowley in 1989. As the brand grew, Tequila Siete Leguas was no longer able to keep up with production, and Patron built a new distillery and moved all production in 2002.

User reviews

4 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

94(4)
Initial Taste

95(4)
Body

95(4)
Finish

94(4)
Enjoyability

95(4)
Price

86(4)
Presentation

93(4)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

7 Leguas is a brilliant line. And this is their show-stopper. What else is there to say?

Nose: Fruit, agave, wood, and mild hints of vanilla and cinnamon.
Initial taste: Sweet on entry and no bitterness.
Body: Velvety and fruity, with earth notes following with agave and vanilla.
Finish: Long and smooth. No heat. The fruit and the floral notes fade to agave and wood, which fade to vanilla and spice that linger for a very long time. Wonderfully complex.

A treat!
J
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

What is so fabulous about this tequila is how it ages. I finished my last glass of a 4yr old bottle last night, enjoying it on my deck with a fine cigar. The Dantano was simply superb. It had progressed from an oak, earthen taste (when I bought it) to a silken, slightly fruity finish that was one of the best I've had. Truly outstanding. Incredibly smooth after 4 yrs.
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

very nice inviting color and aroma. the first sip starts off mild and builds intensity. The finish is just a bit more rich and intense with the flavor never yeilding to the wood of the aging barrel. Comes in a fine wood box, for show, that adds nothing to its taste, however.
A
Top 500 Reviewer 4 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

7 Leguas D’Antano Extra Anejo NOM 1120 Tasted on 9/23/07 at 5:00pm. I tried this tequila, which cost me $35, at Zocalo and tasted it in a Riedel. This amazing tequila comes with a wooden box and can be found at most stores in Mexico. With a dark golden color, this tequila has intense aromas of floral and earth. Other aromas include moderate fruit, vanilla, and caramel with mild spice. The tequila has a medium to heavy mouth feel and on the first sip is sweet with no bitterness. Intense flavors of fruit, earth, and agave are followed by moderate notes of caramel and vanilla. With a long duration of flavor, tastes of mild floral and wood bring this tequila to a numbing finish. 7 Leguas D’Antano Extra Anejo has received the rating of 96 points out of 100.
TJ
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0