• El Mante Pasion Tequila Blanco Rosas

El Mante Pasion Tequila Blanco Rosas

Hot
T April 26, 2009

94 (2)
33767 0 2 0 1

El Mante Pasion 100% Agave Tequila obtains its color from a secret process, which gives the Tequila a color in a natural way. This new Blanco Rosas begins a new category of Tequilas, unique to the Blanco Tequila market.

Editor review

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

El Mante Pasion Blanco Roasa * Tasted May 2009 * Riedel Tequila Glass

Appearance: iridescent pink - thick body and slow tears
Aroma: agave, floral and citrus notes, subtle alcohol
Initial Taste: sweet agave, mild spice
Spirit Body: medium heat, full of spicy- earthy agave flavor
Finish / Aftertaste: hot mouthfeel, long aftertaste, grass and mint

Couldn't taste this one blind for obvious reasons. A great conversation piece with a nice tasting, smooth blanco Tequila inside.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 4 0

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

95(2)
Initial Taste

96(2)
Body

95(2)
Finish

95(2)
Enjoyability

95(2)
Price

91(2)
Presentation

88(2)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted out of a tequila shot glass. Crystal clear in color, This was a great blanco to taste. I have to be honest though, it was a little hard on the eyes. Not a huge fan of the pink marketing, especially since it says on the bottle artificially colored. Nevertheless, I admit, its a great tasting blanco. Aroma: An interesting and complex nose consisting of pear, dried herb (tobacco) and lighter notes of fruit and honey. Initial Taste: A smooth entry, deliciously sweet with no bitterness. Body: A nicely balanced body consisting of agave, artichoke, and butter. Finish: A very lightly heated finish turning slightly spicy as it goes down your throat. With a lingering taste of artificial fruit.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted out of a snifter at my home Tequila Bar.
Color: Brilliant Pink/Rose color
Aroma-Nose: Agave aroma very bright and slightly sweet to the nose with a floral-like scent. Very little alcohol burn to the nostril.
Initial taste: Smooth light vanilla, intense agave flavor followed by an almost "pink peppercorn burst" starting at the tip of the tongue with a tartness that mellows into a silky smoothness that gradually sweetens to the end.
Body: Snifter showed shortness in legs running down it's side. Light mouthfeel.
Finish: Pleasant and long with a smooth sweet aftertaste that lingers for a pleasantly long time.
Smoothness: Effortless to drink. I found myself wanting to sip and savor, so as to make it last as long as possible. I would only consider serving this Blanco Rosa neat at room temperature so as to not disturb it's natural pink hue and 100% agave properties. This tequila should not ever be diluted in any way. If it was to be considered served chilled, I would not dilute it with ice. It may be acceptable to chill the bottle (not freeze) and then serve neat.
Presentation: Very attractively shaped bottle and exterior logo/lettering design and beautiful silver cap with synthetic cork stopper. (The only negative being I would have preferred a real cork stopper
T
Top 50 Reviewer 10 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0