Hot
T October 07, 2008

90 (1)
25403 0 1 0 2
Cava de Oro Tequila Reposado

Tequila Review

NOM

Tequila Cava de Oro Reposado

Tequila "Cava de Oro" is produced with the highest standards of quality, and always under the supervision by the Council Regulator of Tequila, resulting in an excellent Tequila with an aroma and taste of the pleasure of our demanding clients. Cava de Oro Anejo is 100% Agave rested in oak barrels for up to one year.

User reviews

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

86(1)
Initial Taste

90(1)
Body

90(1)
Finish

92(1)
Enjoyability

90(1)
Price

88(1)
Presentation

100(1)
cava de primo
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

First of all I love Cava de Oro silver and I ran across the reposado just last month (June 2013) while staying in Madison, Wisconsin. This would be the hand blown blue bottle with the metal label that is no longer available. I had every intention to ship it home to be part of my collection but alas it was a leaker and had to be drunk down instead. So using a tequila snifter and a blind taste test with the following three bottles of reposado, Espolon (rating 89) La Certeza (92) and Muchote (94) I began the review. The nose was a bit fumey and sharp, with just a hint of agave. Initial taste went down well. Nice and smooth. The body was light and clean, no off flavors, just reposado at its best. the finish was nice and refined with a nice long lingering finish and a small burst of agave sweetness at the end. compared to the other three it was the most expensive but still worth the price. The bottle is outstanding and way different than the one pictured. would I spend $40 for it again? (old bottle, yes. New bottle, No)
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0