Thread: CN Tasting and Grub at the Boots household

Default CN Tasting and Grub at the Boots household

Sorry its not an invite I was looking for suggestions and pairings to go with the Casa Noble line. I've been picking up their currents and prev. bottling's for the last few months to do a whole epic night of CN goodness. We've got some part-time tequila nerds coming over. This night will totally convert them.

Start with some fresh chips/salsa's, guac. and maybe one small cooked app. Pull out some fresh sangrita as well. Maybe a marg or two.

For the blancos(new and previous bottles of CNC) I was thinking some type of ceviche app. or something in that light, slightly sweet, citrusy flavor range.

Were gonna do 3 bottles of Repos(new and prev. CNR and a ringer of Amate Repo to get an extra 1137 kick). I was thinking to move into something more savory, smokey, etc. Maybe some flank steak marinated in a garlic, serrano, lime sauce. Maybe a Mole could be a better fit...or both?

I've got 2 anejos but I was thinking of separating them. The current CNA would be first. Followed by a small desert of Anejo Truffles. Then finish it with the real desert, the CNA 7 year.

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments? I'm all ears. I consider myself to be a pretty killer cook so nothing should be out of range for me so to speak. When its all done I'll post pics and recipes for everyone.

Salud!

gsars1 is offline Agave Aficionados

Boy, I hope that Amate repo is better than the anejo I've been trying to choke down over the last few months. It tastes like perfume, I don't think I'll ever buy Amate again.
    Life is too short to drink bad tequila!!!

I actually like it. Its very similar to the CNR with a lot of the chocolate and coffee. Its a little on the sweet side and I wanted to use it in this tasting because of its similarities to and obvious the same nom

Quote Originally Posted by gsars1 View Post
    Boy, I hope that Amate repo is better than the anejo I've been trying to choke down over the last few months. It tastes like perfume, I don't think I'll ever buy Amate again.
    Hey Greg I would be more than happy to take whatever you have leftover on the Amate anejo. I happen to love that juice...all ages! Maybe if you stop by the Tiki Tequila Bar again this year you can hand deliver it!
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

Salud, Jim

gsars1 is offline Agave Aficionados

Hey Jim, the funny thing is that I first tasted it at your Tiki bar and I liked it, then I bought a bottle around Christmas and I can't stand it, I swear it's like drinking cologne...maybe I got a bad bottle. I only have about a shot left, been mixing it with La Certeza repo to use it up. Anyway if I do stop by, I plan on bringing something much better.
    Life is too short to drink bad tequila!!!

Alright I think I've got the menu together. Dave Yan hooked me up with some ideas that I dont think I would have come up with.

-Quince Paste Brochettes w/ mild cheddar
    -Bay scallop ceviche
    -Chipotle Mussels in beer
    -Roquefort Steak medallions w/ roasted habenero and garlic
    and maybe some mini pork shoulder tacos with pickled onion and radish

Looks like were doing it the 7th of may so I'll post pics, recipes and tasting notes if anyones interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboots View Post
    Alright I think I've got the menu together. Dave Yan hooked me up with some ideas that I dont think I would have come up with.

-Quince Paste Brochettes w/ mild cheddar
    -Bay scallop ceviche
    -Chipotle Mussels in beer
    -Roquefort Steak medallions w/ roasted habenero and garlic
    and maybe some mini pork shoulder tacos with pickled onion and radish

Looks like were doing it the 7th of may so I'll post pics, recipes and tasting notes if anyones interested.
    That sounds like a nice menu Johnny. Have fun and post some pics!
    OBTW...I plan on having another one of my UFC parties here at the Tiki Tequila Bar this Saturday night....St. Pierre vs. Shields. This event usually draws a good crowd and the Voodoo Tiki Margaritas will be flowing! I plan on making Carnitas using some pork shoulder along with a nice Spanish Paella Valencia featuring an array of fresh Florida Grouper and Pink Key West Gulf Shrimp!
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

Salud, Jim

just left the house...be there in 20

Man that sounds awesome. I might have to make paella tonight instead.