Tequila Review

Brand
Capaz
NOM
Distillation
Alcohol Volume
Price Category

Tequila Capaz Blanco

Tequila Capaz Blanco is 100% Agave, produced from hand selected Blue Weber Agave and double distilled. Capaz Tequila is one of several Tequilas available from Compañia Destiladora de Xamay, a state-of-the-art facility located in Jamay, Jalisco, Mexico.

Photo by Tequila.net

Editor review

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

capaz Blanco * Tasted Blind July 2009 * Riedel Tequila Glass

Appearance: clear - medium body and tears
Aroma: musty agave, wet leather and green apple
Initial Taste: light sweet agave and leather
Spirit Body: sweet with hints of grass and butter
Finish / Aftertaste: light floral and herb finish, short mint aftertaste

Capaz Blanco works well alone as a sipper and shines through in a cocktail with the bold and earthy aromas and flavors.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

88(2)
Initial Taste

87(2)
Body

88(2)
Finish

84(2)
Enjoyability

88(2)
Price

93(2)
Presentation

83(2)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I tasted Capaz Añejo blindly a few months back and was really impressed initially. I try to do a lot of the tasting blind so price and presentation don't make my palate taste things that it shouldn't. It's worth noting that you can purchase this 100% agave juice for $20 for a full liter in some places...so it was a no brainer for me after tasting the añejo. The presentation is nothing special, but I would love to have another brand to recommend for people that are looking for good tequila on a budget.

Price: $20-25/bottle (1 liter)

Aroma: A musty agave with a hint of cement. There's some white pepper and fruit as well (apple?)

Initial Taste: A very interesting initial taste. There's a raw agave flavor and a hint of smoke along with a decent initial sweetness.

Body: Fairly thin body, but lots of potent flavors. There's some pine, pepper, mustiness and sour fruit...but not like citrus. Almost more like a tart apple.

Finish: A fairly short finish, but it has some alcohol sizzle and agave pepper kick. Not muted at all, but not long lasting either.

Capaz has a lot of oomph for the price, but probably isn't a juice for the masses. There's a bit of harshness to it that is gone with the aging in the añejo. It's complex and it would probably make a very interesting and strong cocktail. In short, it's worth the $20, but it's also not something that you need to rush out and get unless you want bold & spicy flavors with a bit of sizzle.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted out of a double ball glass. This blanco was a very 'sippable' blanco. There was nothing harsh about it. I can't say I'm the hugest fan of the presentation, but that has nothing to do with its taste. A blanco worth tasting.

Aroma: A pleasant aroma of floral, and grass.
Initial Taste: A thin mouth feel, a semi sweet entry with no bitterness. Initial taste of dill.
Body: A decent body of agave, with hints of fruit, and flora. Nothing complex, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Finish: An unheated finish with a slight agave lingering.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0