NOM
Agave Region
Oven Type
Extraction Method
Distillation
Barrel - Cask
Alcohol Volume

Señor Rio Tequila Anejo

Senor Rio begins with only 100% Blue Weber Agaves cultivated in the ideal conditions of the arid red clay soil of Jalisco, Mexico. The Pinas (the hearts of the agave plants) are harvested by hand when reaching maturity and fermented after the art of slow cooking in traditional stone ovens. Finally, they are double distilled by our master distiller to create the smooth stimulating flavor of our premium tequila. Our Añejo is aged in white oak casks for over one year, enhancing its distinguished elegance and marked aroma of the wood casks.

Senor Rio- a taste of Pure Elegance for anyone who shares a passion for one of life’s greatest pleasures. Explore all your senses in a sensual, yet sophisticated bottle filled with liquid gold. 

Editor review

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Senor Rio Anejo * Tasted Blind September 2009 * Riedel Tequila Glass

Appearance: medium amber with golden hues - thick body and slow tears
Aroma: cooked agave, mild wood and smoke
Initial Taste: sweet agave with hints of wood and caramel
Spirit Body: buttery agave, hints of vanilla and clove
Finish / Aftertaste: warm smoked citrus finish and long spiced orange aftertaste
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

93(2)
Initial Taste

92(2)
Body

94(2)
Finish

95(2)
Enjoyability

93(2)
Price

89(2)
Presentation

97(2)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I walked into this brand knowing literally nothing about it. I knew that it was from NOM 1137, which could mean just about anything given the huge size of that distillery. It has a premium price, so let's hope it has a premium taste:

Aroma: Earthy agave, oak and an orange/citrus scent. Lots of earthy agave for a 2 year aged tequila. Very rich.
Initial Taste: Earthy agave...and lots of it. The nose doesn’t lie.
Body: A very velvety body. Nice flavors of oak, vanilla and clove compliment the earthy agave nicely.
Finish: Medium length finish. The earthy agave flavor and pepper are very prominent. The sweetness is in the background, but adds a nice compliment.

The moment I tasted it, Senor Rio Anejo reminded my immediately of Cassa Noble Anejo. Same distillery, same age in the barrel, same barrels. It's a really good and complex anejo with an ultra smooth finish. With that said, Casa Noble Anejo is $20-30 cheaper. I'd definitely recommend drinking it, but at the price, I think you can do better...and you can get similar quality for cheaper.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This was amazing, especially considering its a new tequila Ive never heard of, this has a wood oak taste almost like a cognac, it was impressive.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0