Thread: Herradura Agave Shamrock

MrAgave is offline Administrator

Default Herradura Agave Shamrock

Herradura Agave Shamrock

1.5 oz. Tequila Herradura Silver
    2 oz. Aloe Vera Drink
    .5 oz. Agave Nectar
    Squeeze of Lime

Shake and serve on the rocks with a lime wedge.

Similar to the unusual four-leaf clover, the horseshoe (Herradura, Span.) is also considered a symbol of luck. This St. Patrick’s Day Tequila Herradura is introducing the Agave Shamrock, a perfect blend of the smooth and rich taste of the brand's Silver tequila and refreshing aloe vera.

Where do you get Aloe Vera Drink? I thought that was in sunburn ointment...jk...I knew it was used in many different things, I just havent seen it in a straight drink.
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

Yeah, what bn087 said. I'd like to give it a try. BTW I just revisited the Herradura Silver last night and it was much better than when I last tried it. Tastes change over time or maybe just a different bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tequila2 View Post
    Yeah, what bn087 said. I'd like to give it a try. BTW I just revisited the Herradura Silver last night and it was much better than when I last tried it. Tastes change over time or maybe just a different bottle.
    I have found that the majority (not all) of afficionados on this site do not care for Herradura Silver. Personally I enjoy it's flavor very much. For me it has a very nice agave flavor with hints of pepper & fruit. If I am eating bold, spicy Mexican cuisine it is quite common for me to have a snifter of HD silver on the side with perhaps an ice cold Bohemia! I also think that it stands up real nice in a Paloma. Once again it all depends on one's palate!
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

Salud, Jim

I dont like the fact that HE Blanco is aged for 45 days before bottling. I never understood that. Although that is not the main reason I do not like the flavor, it is one of the reasons.

But as previously stated in many many threads. To each his own. I'd make this drink with another tequila.

MrAgave is offline Administrator

There are two blancos from Herradura, one is the suave, aged under 2 months, and the other is bottled directly after distillation, and is 46%/92 proof.

Not sure what markets currently carry the second, but I believe missionliquor.com has it.

I enjoy them both, straight or in a cocktail. The higher proof blanco will shine through a bit more in a mixed drink.

There are lots of reviews on the unaged blanco, but none on the Suave. ??

Herradura Products - TEQUILA.net

You make a good point Darren.

I dont think I related the 45 day blanco to the one in stores because of the picture. Maybe you should swap them so the more traditional bottle that we see in stores is on the main image.

I have notes somewhere from awhile back when I won that bottle. I can safely say I probably gave it a B-....not a favorite but drinkable.

I like real "earthy" blancos. The ones that slap you in the face with agave and dont bite too much on the finish. HE doesnt do this to me but its much better than some others I have tried.