Thread: Romance Cocktails

Red face Romance Cocktails

My question to you guys, are there "Valentines Day" cocktails you have made that impressed your sweethearts in the past? Particularly with tequila in them. I was thinking about maybe a Pommegranate Martini with a Blanco tequila or something along those lines. I dont know how to juice a Pommegrante but I can probably purchase 100% Pommagranate Juice at the grocery store (its expensive). I guess I'm trying to think up some unique drinks to compliment our food.

Dinner:

First course: Veggie Roll Ups (Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Green Onions, Jalepenos all chopped and rolled in tortillas and refridgerated, then sliced into bite sized portions)

Prime Cut Beef Ribeye, Marinated overnight in a homeade marinade I like a lot...(2 Parts Italian Dressing, 1 Part Jalepeno Juice, 1 Part Worstechire Sauce, 1 Part Beer), Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Steamed Veggies. Dinner Rolls on the side as well.

Dessert: Cream Burlee, I even purchased the torch and everything

Obviously for dessert, a rich and strong cocktail would be preferred (possibly incorporating chocolate or coffee, for dinner a large highball cocktail, and the appetizer I thought a martini would be a perfect compliment to the Veggie Roll Ups.

What would yall suggest?
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

Ideas:

Martini: 1 1/2 Cups Pommegranate Juice, 2.5 Ounces of Silver Tequila, 2 Ounce of Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice. Shake all and pour into chilled martini glasses. (This should make a deep red/purple Martini that will serve 2) - Sounds good for V-Day?

Purple Margarita: 1 1/2 Ounce Fresh Lime Juice, .5 Ounce Fresh Lemon, .5 Ounce Fresh Orange, 2 Ounces of Reposado Tequila, 1/2 Ounce Blue Caraceo, 1/2 Ounce Grenadine. This is the only combination I could think of that would make a purple rita. It may need a splash of Agave Nectar but with the 2 sugary sweet syrups...I doubt it.

I still dont know what to do for Dessert...any chocolate, coffee, or anejo tequila ideas?
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

I know it's a tad late, but for next time, if you're looking for a romantic dessert I'd highly suggest something simple, but irresistible. Have some really nice dark chocolate (don't skimp on quality here!), and sip Navan in a snifter. That or at least something with plenty of cocoa.

It may not be tequila, but it's certainly a deadly combination if she likes chocolate