Los Arango Tequila Reposado

Tequila Review

NOM
Tasting Awards
2008 Agave Spirits Challenge
Silver Medal
2008 Agave Spirits Challenge Silver Medal

Los Arango Tequila Reposado

Los Arango Tequila Reposado - The name "Los Arango" is in honor of Doroteo Arango, better known to history as "Pancho Villa", a famous revolutionary leader and one of Mexico's great heroes. Los Arango Tequila is expertly crafted at an 18th century hacienda distillery, and is dedicated to Pancho Villa's name and memory. The secret behind this premium Tequila is 100% agave, hand crafted, and bottled by hand. Los Arango is considered the ultimate example of the tequila distillers art.

User reviews

3 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

78(3)
Initial Taste

85(3)
Body

79(3)
Finish

91(3)
Enjoyability

97(3)
Price

84(3)
Presentation

94(3)
Los Arango Reposado: smoother than expected...
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Okay so FIRST OFF I'd like to express my confusion over the previous reviews of this tequila... both reviewers state that Los Arango resposado is "...one of their favorite reps..." and yet both are vague/extremely harsh with their scoring. (One of the reviewers gave this juice an 82???)
IMHO this is a shining example of a reposado and at the price I payed I'd be hard pressed to find one of better quality. I payed $17 (May have been a special) at MEGA in Puerto Vallarta for a fifth of this tequila and I was taken back by the quality. This is a sipper, quite smooth and elegant, perhaps too elegant for those that enjoy the intensity of blancos (I actually prefer Reposado tequila over other types...).
This is also a very versatile tequila that can be sipped or used for a first class margarita. It doesn't really have any standout flavors and the alcohol is subtle. Theres a sense of earthiness and and a hint of mint and hay on the nose. On the palate Los Arango is thin yet smooth with very little sweetness. One who actually enjoys the taste of tequila will likely enjoy it's tasteful earthiness, those expecting sweetness and complexity should search for an affordable ANEJO to sip on. Either way the finish was very smooth.
In short, the price I payed ($17 USD) was more than worth it, but I have seen this tequilla go for $50 in the US and it is more average when placed in that price bracket. That being said, the blue bottle is a nice addition to any collection with a leather plate & metal agave insignia adorning the front. Los Arango's ornamental value alone might make it worth a try for collectors.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Off the top, the square blue bottle with the leather label is very cool looking; it stands out on the shelf.

This is one of my favourite repos to date. It's very smooth with hints of caramel and a nice agave flavour. The price point is good, too.
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Los Arango or what we've name it in the bar I work in, the blue square, is stunning, smooth and warm. This comes in a quaint blue square with a small leather patch cut out of the Los Arango logo. One of my favourite reps, this is my "go to" tequila. Always impressive.