Pueblo Viejo Tequila Reposado

Hot
T April 09, 2007

88 (3)
26477 0 1 0 2
Pueblo Viejo Tequila Reposado

Pueblo Viejo Reposado Tequila

Pueblo Viejo Reposado Tequila - This 100% Agave Tequila is best identified by its golden hue, as it is distilled in kettle stills and aged in American oak for nine months.

User reviews

3 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

87(3)
Initial Taste

88(3)
Body

89(3)
Finish

89(3)
Enjoyability

89(3)
Price

96(3)
Presentation

79(3)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

My first experience with Pueblo Viejo. Let's do this...

Aroma: Agave, oak and light vanilla and spice.
Initial Taste: Sweet agave and vanilla. Nice brown spice compliment as well.
Body: Medium and semi-oily body. Great rich spice (cinnamon) flavors to mix with the agave and vanilla tastes.
Finish: A nice spicy and balanced reposado finish. The cinnamon makes it interesting and there is no alcohol taste or burn. A really nice overall reposado.

For around $20, this is an all around winner. The flavor profile would mix well and it's a great value sipper. Get a bottle...you won't regret it.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This is one of my favorite lines. Its very consistent and an excellent value.

Aroma: A nice sweet cherry nose.
Initial Taste: A thin mouth feel, sweet entry with no bitterness. Initial taste of berry.
Body: An evenly balanced agave body complimented by slight cinnamon and fruit.
Finish: A semi heated finish with a nice sweet agave lingering.

Just a solid line, Pueblo Viejo.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 3 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Pueblo Viejo Reposado, NOM 1103. Clean amber color with very long legs. The first taste was an indistinguishable, agave blanco spiciness with some oak due to aging & a medium alcohol presence. The medium body had a trace of sweetness, far less than other reposados I have experienced in the past. It finished with an open, rolling sensation across the tongue that lingered & then dissipated leaving a hint of numbing, agave sweetness. This is a moderately smooth tequila but doesn't quite measure up to other premium brands. It does however mix very nicely in Margaritas, adding a certain depth missing in many blancos. The price is very attractive. I paid $20 for a 750 & received an extra 200 in a combination package. B-/B
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0