Thread: Vintage/Antique Tequila Almendrado Full Bottle

Default Vintage/Antique Tequila Almendrado Full Bottle

First post looking for some information and/or advice.

I have an old full bottle of Tequila Almendrado. I was told it was obtained by my great uncle on a trip to Mexico around about World War Two or shortly after but the dates might be wrong.

The bottle is made of very old appearing green glass with air bubbles and imperfections throughout. The label says Cuartro Coronas which appears to be the brand. Under this it says Calidad Extra. The small back label says that it was made in Monterrey.

There is a numbered Texas liquor stamp on the bottle for 1/5 gallon at 28.16 cents. The bottle appears to have a metal screw top though it is under a green, white, and red seal. It has a "Federal", presumably Mexican, paper tax seal over the cap which says $0.15. Some of the liquor appears to have evaporated in that the liquid level is lower than I would expect. The bottle does not seem to leak when tipped on its side for a prolonged period. There is quite a bit of sediment in the bottom.

I would like to sell the bottle to a collector but I have no idea how to go about it or what the value is. I could just put it on eBay but there doesn't seem to be much traffic for things similar to this. The amount of Texas tax and the screw top make me think this isn't that old but it seems to be fairly rare or at least unusual in that I can't find much about it online.

I have attached a picture of the bottle. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images

It is not tequila per se and the Monterrey origin would confirm that. It is an almond liqueur made from tequila that is still made today under several different names. One of the more common, Reserva del Senor Almendrado goes for about $20-30 per 750ml.

As far as value and selling Ebay is still the best place to sell something like this. Most tequila collectors are not likely to be too interested in tequila liqueur.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJuan View Post
    It is not tequila per se and the Monterrey origin would confirm that. It is an almond liqueur made from tequila that is still made today under several different names. One of the more common, Reserva del Senor Almendrado goes for about $20-30 per 750ml.

As far as value and selling Ebay is still the best place to sell something like this. Most tequila collectors are not likely to be too interested in tequila liqueur.
    Thank you for the information.

Just out of interest, would you or anyone else happen to know if it is possible to approximately date the bottle from the Mexican Federal tax at $0.15 and the Texas duty at 28.16 cents on 1/5 gallon?

Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about tax stamps and such. Maybe a Google search will provide some info for you. Good luck.