La Certeza Tequila Blanco

T March 01, 2007

86 (2)
20083 0 1 0 0

La Certeza is the nectar in its purest form. The double-distilled Blanco is unoaked and therefore embodies the fragrant flavors of the purest Agave with highlights of black pepper and citrus.
Especially crafted for those who prefer white spirits. La Certeza Blanco's crystal clear complexion delivers an undeniably smooth and delicious experience.

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

86(2)
Initial Taste

86(2)
Body

86(2)
Finish

87(2)
Enjoyability

87(2)
Price

88(2)
Presentation

86(2)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Not my favorite blanco of all time, but not something Id turn away either.

Aroma: A nice vegetal and grassy aroma.
Initial taste: A thin mouth feel. A lowlands sweet entry. Initial taste of slight berry.
Bosy: A decent 'grassy' agave body.
Finish: A lightly heated finish.

Like I said, not great for me, but not bad.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

La Certeza Blanco NOM 1513. Distillery Tierra de Agaves. Tasted neat from a cabillito at my home Tequila Bar. I had seen this bottle sitting on a local retailers shelf(next to it's anejo compadre)for quite some time. The owner said he could not sell either and would never stock them again. He gave me a great deal on the blanco. Told him I would return for the anejo....the review:
Appearance: Clear & bright
Nose: Youthful with a fresh clean light alcohol smell to the nostril
Initial taste: Spicy black pepper and citrus with moderate agave flavor.
Body: Light pleasant mouthfeel with a light alcohol burn.
Finish: Here is where this blanco really caught me by suprise. What started off as a rather simple initial taste ended with a very pleasant balanced, almost complex yet buttery agave finish that found me craving another sip.
Smoothness: This blanco is not for those who prefer sweeter milder types. This distillery seems to have a handle on their self proclaimed "estate grown agave". For me it appears that they are producing a very fine blanco that is fairly priced and is of superb quality. It is also no suprise that this blanco took a silver medal at the "08 San Fransisco World Spirits Competition.
T
Top 50 Reviewer 10 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0