La Certeza Tequila Anejo

T March 01, 2007

87 (3)
22132 0 1 0 0
La Certeza Tequila Anejo

La Certeza Tequila Anejo

La Certeza Tequila Añejo is patiently aged and double-distilled to perfection in traditional Cognac stills.
Blending the authentic tastes of roasted peppers, toasted almonds and vanilla beans, this limited production, ultra-small-batch tequila imparts complexity and elegance in every sip.

User reviews

3 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

88(3)
Initial Taste

86(3)
Body

86(3)
Finish

88(3)
Enjoyability

87(3)
Price

93(3)
Presentation

86(3)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I don’t recall the exact price I paid for this, but it was somewhere between $20-30. It’s not of the highest quality, but for the price it really is a steal. I’ve tasted quite a few $40-50 bottles that aren’t as good.

The nose is very nice - warm & sweet with notes of spice, vanilla, hint of pine, very subtle smokey wood, and a touch of earthiness. The nose on this as it opens up a bit is very complex and one of the highlights for me. If only the complexity in the body matched it would be an “A” rather than a “B” for me.

The overall tasting experience is decent, but simple - a sweet entry, strong smokey oak presence lacking a noticeable agave presence, and a peppery finish. Not too strong of a bite.

I’m curious to try their reposado as I think this might be a good anejo if it was aged just a little less due to the strong smokey oak flavor.

Again, great value... can’t be beat for the price.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 5 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

La Certeza Anejo is certainly a decent tequila for the money. The nose is full of spice and earth. And then the finish is smooth with a fairly long duration and subtle sweetness of vanilla. Where this tequila falls short is on entry. The agave is mild to non-existent and there is a little too much smokiness which lends itself to a slight bitterness.

Overall though, I would give this tequila a "B" and would not dissuade anyone from trying it (although it would not be high on my list of recommendations).
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I finally got around to reviewing this Anejo and while it isn't great, it's not too bad. I guess you could call it a 'good drinking' tequila. It has some good oak tones with a hint of vanilla and spices. The finish is very smooth on the tongue. I compared it with some Gran Centenario Anejo I had on hand and they were very similar although I could tell the difference. The best thing I do like about this tequila is the product your getting for the price, thanks to a tip from another poster on here it's well worth it. So go and get a bottle for youself and try it, you won't be disappointed.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0