Luna Nueva
NOM
Oven Type
Extraction Method
Distillation Method
Distillation
Alcohol Volume

Luna Nueva Tequila Silver

Luna Nueva Tequila Silver is 100% Agave bottled directly from the still.

Since ancient times, the new moon has come to be a symbol of rebirth and new beginnings. So it’s not surprising that this new luxurious tequila should adopt as its name Luna Nueva, or “new moon.” It embodies what aficionados and enthusiasts adore about boutique tequilas: It is a romantic spirit graced with style, class and a boatload of character.

Luna Nueva Tequila is crafted at family-owned and operated Feliciano Vivanco (NOM 1414). The Agaves used in distillation come from both the Lowlands and Highlands. After harvesting, they are baked in stone ovens, slowly fermented and double-distilled in traditional pot stills.

Photo by TEQUILA.net

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

91(2)
Initial Taste

91(2)
Body

91(2)
Finish

92(2)
Enjoyability

92(2)
Price

91(2)
Presentation

92(2)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

NOTE: As with many newer brands, I recommend letting this open up for a day or two before giving final judgment. My review is based on a bottle that has been open for a week or more. It was a *little* chemically on first opening.

The nose on this eludes me a little. I started this tasting review in a small snifter, but I couldn't get a good nose on it, so I transferred the contents to a Riedel, but after a strong start, the nose faded again. Anyway, what I do get in the nose is mostly cooked agave, but some white pepper as well, and maybe a slight herbaceousness...but slight. I think this might have a pretty good nose, but it's a little weak and hard to peg.

Sweetness is the first taste that hits my tongue, and the white pepper continues along for the ride. The body is a nice medium weight with this blanco; it is oilier than most modern blancos IMO.

The finish on this is sort of multi-faceted to me. The initial finish is a quick heat right in the back of my throat, and then it fades quickly. But then it hits me again down in my gut. This may, however, be due to drinking it on an empty stomach. :) The aftertaste is pleasant, but not very strong or lingering. In that respect, it's like the nose - somewhat elusive.

Overall, it is enjoyable and a nice tequila for the price. The bottle is basic, but artful. I do think they could come up with a better image of the moon for their sticker. How about a full moon or crescent moon instead of an almost new moon that is mostly black? Wait...Luna Nueva means 'new moon', so they are actually on point...nevermind. The synthetic cork works well, and has a little notch that sort 'clicks' into place when pressed into the neck of the bottle.

Since I can find this locally, it might become a staple. I'll bet it makes a good margarita.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

My first experience with any expression of the Luna Nueva line. The distribution makes it a little hard to come by for most of the nation, but it can be found and shipped nationwide at Bayway World of Liquor. I've heard only good things so far, so I'm anxious to try it. Let's dive right in...

Aroma: A wonderful sweet agave nose with a nice compliment of citrus and light pepper.
Initial Taste: A nice sweet agave flavor. I bit lighter than the nose might indicate, but it's pleasant. Complimentary notes of citrus and light herbal notes.
Body: Light body, slightly thin mouth feel. Light agave sweetness with herbal notes and an emerging black pepper spice.
Finish: The finish is big and the linger last a long time. Big time black pepper flavor lasts an eternity and gives a nice blanco kick.

All in all, this is very good tequila. For those who love a good, clean agave flavor, this is a great option for you. Lots of agave on the nose and initial taste...and a spicy/peppery finish. This would work well to sip or as a premium mixer. This new moon can rise any time it wants in my bar.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0