2012 Luna Nueva
NOM
Oven Type
Extraction Method
Distillation Method
Distillation
Alcohol Volume

2012 Luna Nueva Tequila Silver

2012 Luna Nueva Tequila Silver is crafted only after selecting the best Agave plants at full maturity; a careful, time-honored process for cooking, fermenting and double distillation yields this incredibly smooth Silver Tequila, fresh, fruity, with fragrances reminiscent of sweet cooked Agave.

What will you be drinking at the end? Let's go out in style!

The ancient Maya civilization, builders of a great empire, were the best mathematicians and astronomers of their time. For them, life was cyclical; everything begins and ends in reoccurring cycles; the last recorded Maya cycle ends in 12-21-2012. Such a special date deserves 2012 Luna Nueva the beyond-ultra-premium Tequila.

At 2012 Luna Nueva, we believe in what we do, so we proudly offer this exceptional Tequila. 2012 Luna Nueva. For some,12-21-2012 will signify the end of the world; for others, simply the beginning of another cycle. By God's grace, it is up to us if the world continues or ends; but before it is too late-and we hope, for many long years afterwards, enjoy!

User reviews

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

94(1)
Initial Taste

95(1)
Body

96(1)
Finish

96(1)
Enjoyability

95(1)
Price

96(1)
Presentation

95(1)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Another new line of tequilas - I still have not tried all the old ones. My trip to Princeton, New Jersey to do a bicycle ride (August 20, 2012) was rewarded with this new silver tequila which I found in several liquor stores in downtown Princeton. I am beginning to take a much greater interest in blancos and this tequila is another good example of why. As always, the first tastings are done in a Riedel glass filled with a doble shot. My initial impression was complex - especially for a blanco. The agave flavor was strong , followed quickly by overtones of citrus and even some herbal notes. I was particularly surprised as the flavor continued to build throughout the tasting. At first, the finish of each swallow was a little strong with some heat, but I would not call it peppery. I would characterize it as strongly herbal. I am thinking Jagermeister, but also the national alcohol of the Czech Republic camw to mind - Becherovka. The price was $42.00 and the bottle is frosted with a colorful label celebrating the end of the Mayan calendar in December, 2012. Over all, I would drink this tequila straight up most of the time due to its very distinctive taste. There is much agave here which means it should be celebrated as a power unto itself. The cork in my bottle was very loose so transportation of an open bottle had to be in a vertical position. I hope we can enjoy 2012 Luna Nueva for many years regardless of the outcome of the Mayan calendar.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0