NOM
Agave Region
Distillation
Alcohol Volume
Price Category
Facebook Page
Twitter Page

Artá Tequila Silver

Triple distilled for ultimate purity and versatility, Artá Tequila Silver pairs classic agave taste with touches of citrus  and honey.

Born from time-honored tradition and the passion to create an authentic, hand-crafted spirit, Artá is a truly singular tequila. Artá originates exclusively from a single estate in the birthplace of tequila itself---Arenal, Mexico---and is the unique art of an 11th generation ranching family and a 3rd generation master distiller. Made from 100% organic Weber Blue Agave matured for 8 to 10 years, each variety carries a consistency of flavor and an authenticity of character worthy of the Artá name. A distinctive, triangular bottle created by artisan hands from recycled glass transports the spirit of Artá’s origins to you.

Artá Tequila proudly uses 100% organic agave and recycled materials in its tequilas and packaging.

Artá Tequila – The art of tequila.

Editor review

1 review
(Updated: March 17, 2013)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Arta Tequila Silver * Tasted April 2011 * Riedel Tequila Glass

Appearance: clear, slow tears
Aroma: clean, agave with hints of lemon and peach
Initial Taste: agave, grass and olive
Spirit Body: sweet, light agave and green pepper
Finish / Aftertaste: orange and agave, short citrus aftertaste
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0

User reviews

4 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

91(4)
Initial Taste

92(4)
Body

92(4)
Finish

89(4)
Enjoyability

91(4)
Price

91(4)
Presentation

92(4)
A Very Nice Blanco
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Paid $25.99 for the bottle.

Nose: Sweet and heavy on the agave
Initial Taste: By far the best part of the experience. If you enjoy vegetale and heavy agave flavor.
Body: Hits with a great deal of sweetness, as promised in the nose
Finish: Triple distilled, so one would think it'd be smoother but this one is slightly rough and peppery going down.

My bartender friends complain profusely about the logistics of the bottle shape but it is eye catching, although some might find it tacky and non traditional.

All in all for the money this is worth having in your collection and also makes a great margarita.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

When you first lay eyes on the Arta Tequila bottle, it's obviously striking because of the wide triangular bottle. The labeling is worth mentioning as well, but it's definitely unlike a lot of what you see out there...and that's saying something because tequila bottle certainly run the gamut of shapes, artwork and overall design. It comes from NOM 1360 (Corporacion Ansan, S.A. de C.V.), which puts out 25+ brands, but only 3 or 4 are distributed in the US. I'm not sure if that means anything one way or the other, but I found it to be interesting.

Price: $35-45/bottle

Aroma: A really strong earthy agave nose. Hints of wet cement and white pepper.

Initial Taste: Just like the nose. Earthy agave sweetness with light pepper notes.

Body: A nice mouth feel on this one. Oily and mouth coating. The flavor is consistent. The pepper is a bit stronger as it advances on the palate. Still a very clean and strong agave taste.

Finish: The finish is a bit underwhelming. There's a linger of earth and pepper, but it's not quite as strong and the linger is fairly short. Still a very solid overall tequila experience.

This is my last review of the Arta line and I really enjoyed the Añejo the most. However, this is still a worthy member of a tasty line of tequilas. Although it has the pretty face, it backs it up with substance as well. The price is definitely fair for this brand as well. I'd definitely recommend adding Arta to your collection...even if I'd probably recommend the añejo first.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Artá Tequila Silver
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I first saw this tequila only a few months ago (July, 2013) and I had to buy a bottle immediately. It is an extremely distinctive presentation - shaped like a triangle - the top as well. I felt certain this was going to make it difficult to pour, but I was 100 per cent wrong. It pours like a dream from any one of the three corners of the cap.
The liquid is crystal clear and it is very thick (viscous) when poured. The legs, therefore, are thick leaving extensive pearls. On the nose, there is strong agave with citrus and other floral elements. Once again, I may be the only person who ever gets this flavor from a tequila, but it tastes like a little bit of olive juice was added. To me, this is a positive. The initial taste is bold with multiple citrus elements and strong with agave and grass-like florals. Because it is so thick - it coats all the mouth elements immediately and this carries on through the finish (pedigree).
For a blanco, this is a very smooth tequila and one I have been sipping with grapefruit soda between shots. It would almost be a waste to use this in a mixed drink. If you want your friends to really "taste" a blanco tequila - add this one to the list. You know this is a strong player for sipping because the more you sip it - the better it tastes. It turned out to be a special surprise for me. The triple distilling removes nothing but the bad elements - none of the flavor.
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I had a bit of a time warming up to this one, it took a forth shot to really settle in. My fav Lowland Blanco is Azunia which is close to prefect.
This was very very good and worth a shot. The price is good for the Right Coast as well.
B
Top 50 Reviewer 9 reviews