Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there any limited releases to look for?

MrAgave is offline Administrator

The other thing that he shared, DeLeon Tequila will be the only brand produced at Agroindustrias Casa Ramirez, exclusive... and it is supposed to stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bn087 View Post
    I'm worried that the "over presentation" hides a mediocre juice...especially if they are advertising to celebrities...

Darrin, I feel you are a celebrity...let us know if you land a bottle ;-)

Are they marketing it to the celebrities, or you think the celebrities were just the ones who could get into the release party?

rrehkemper is offline Agave Aficionados

$143 for the De Leon Repo makes this brand look like one of those that's priced only for Celebrities. Can you imagine how much their extra-anejo will run?

wichie13 is offline Agave Aficionados

Looks like they have put alot of work into designing the bottle, is this a new distillery? The web page makes it sound like they have been around for a long time but they have no other tequilas on the Nom list?
    Last edited by wichie13; June 17th, 2009 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wichie13 View Post
    Looks like they have put alot of work into designing the bottle, is this a new distillery? The web page makes it sound like they have been around for a long time but they have no other tequilas on the Nom list?
    Reserva De Mexico was produced my them also.

Do you guys think there is any value to holding on to a few bottles of Casa Noble's 5-year Anejo now that they are switching to a 2-year Anejo? I know it's not a collector's item per say but it could be a rarity in a year's time.

So is it just me, or does everyone get impatient for their first online order? I put the order in Thursday, and it was sent 2nd day air. To keep it from sitting around in a warehouse over the weekend, they shipped it yesterday to arrive Wednesday. Maybe its because of how much I paid, and how much I want to see the bottle.

But man am I IMPATIENT!!

lol

gsars1 is offline Agave Aficionados

I feel your pain, waiting sucks!!! I have learned though, to try and order Sunday night or first thing on Monday so it gets shipped fairly quickly. Did you order from Hi Time? If so, nothing to worry about they usually pack very well and your order will be fine. Hope that helps.

I too am waiting for an order tomorrow as well but from Shoppersvineyard. The good thing about them though is that they are on the east coast like we are and it gets here quickly.
    Life is too short to drink bad tequila!!!

yeah it was from Hi Time. I spoke to a Forest there, and he seemed very knowledgeable and helpful. 2 bottles of Deleon weighed 14 lbs. I saw that and was like WTF!! lol

I was looking into Shoppers Vineyard also due to east coast thing. I would imagine shipping is also cheaper. Just wish they had some of the ones I want to order that seem to only be on West Coast.

I may have to make a trip to Hi Times soon. I tried the DeLeon Blanco at El Carmen at the tasting on Saturday night - while I don't do well with all the different scents and tastes, especially after going through about half the room tasting, I did find it very tasty. At $120 for the Blanco it certainly won't be my choice for a regular sipper, but I would say it could become one of my favorite blanco's. The bottle looked crystal - which would be heavy and the stopper seemed to weigh about 5 lbs and looked solid metal. Those two pieces would add quite a bit the shipping costs.

Robert

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast