Oven Type
Extraction Method
Distillation Method
Distillation
Barrel - Cask
Alcohol Volume
Price Category

Tequila Leyenda del Milagro Select Barrel Reserve Anejo

Milagro Select Barrel Reserve Anejo Tequila is made from 100% estate grown blue agave harvested from the highlands of Jalisco that are hand-picked and hand-selected for quality based on the highest criteria. The heart of the blue agave is roasted in clay ovens made from the same volcanic rich soil where the blue agave flourishes in Jalisco, Mexico. Our triple distillation process produces tequila of extraordinary depth and character for unparalleled smoothness. Sensually warm and full-bodied, Milagro Select Barrel Reserve Anejo is aged 3 years in new French single oak barrels and comes in a unique hand-blown crystal bottle.

User reviews

7 reviews

100%
70-90 stars

0%
50-70 stars

0%
30-50 stars

0%
1-30 stars

0%
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

92(7)
Initial Taste

93(7)
Body

94(7)
Finish

94(7)
Enjoyability

95(7)
Price

88(7)
Presentation

99(7)
View all user reviews View most helpful
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

tasted out of reidel glass, When I bring out this bottle it never fails to impress. On the nose honey and lemon, almost no alcohol, sooo nice. On the palate caramel, cinammon, and butter. the body is extremely smooth and fulfilling with the finish fairly lengthy. A very enjoyable anejo.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Bought 1/15/10 paid ~$70 at costco, came in a gift pack of the three (anejo, Repo, blanco) barrel select tequilas in .375 ml. The bottle and overall display group is impressive and would be a great gift. I have had the regular Milagro's in the past and was left indifferent at best. The barrel select is a better breed no doubt, has a nice light caramel color in the glass, leaves some legs and gathers shortly. The nose is subtle, agave/caramel and vanilla, there is a lot going on here, very sweet however. Settles in the mouth very well, complex... Body is not too thick, quite a feat based on all the different flavors, however never seems to taste the same from sip to sip, but thats OK, did I mention SWEET! Nice semi heated finish and a touch of oak and alcohol/agave. Very curious, tequila, I'll grab it when I want a snickers bar. The beautiful bottle is enough for some, the tequila is not bad either.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 1
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Aroma: Smells very much like sweet butterscotch candy.
Initial taste: The oaky woodiness is much more apparent at the head. Sweet and woody, something like a taste of sage or sandalwood.
Body: Strong caramel, brown sugar and cinnamon notes.
Finish: Sweet, smooth and long lasting. Very thick and creamy at the end. More agave taste here.
Enjoyability: Excellent! One glass at a time, it's got an incredibly complex, yet sweet and smooth taste to it. Very intense and varied taste pattern to it.
Price: This is the one draw back for me, although, it may be my own (seemingly) dumb luck. I though I had found a full bottle for $69.99, at the local liquor store. However, I didn't realize I had bought the half sized, 375 milliliter box, instead of the full, 750ml... Doh! I'm not sure what the actual price would be of the full sized Milagro Anejo Select, but I'm pretty sure it would be around $100. If I had known I was getting the smaller bottle, I would've gladly paid the extra 20-30 bucks.
Presentation: Beautiful! The numbered, artisan Crystal bottle that it comes in is gorgeous! I wish all tequila looked this good.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

What a beauty these bottles are - really incredible, and even more so when you look at them up close. They truly are a work of art. I'm certainly not putting down this tequila, but I wish the its contents were a just little closer to the quality of the design.

Nose has a fruit scent with a little bit of vanilla, and just a hint of lemon (as opposed to the silver and rep in this line where the lemon scent was more prominent to me). There was a bit of that lemon scent present in the body for me too, along with a very subtle caramel. not quite enough agave for me in the body, and while there was some oaky present it certainly wasn't too much. A little more agave came out in the finish. Kind of a thin-bodied anejo.

I wish I enjoyed this a little more because if the contents were closer to one of my favorite anejos this would be a fun one to keep on the shelf just because of the beautiful bottle. Aside from the bottle it was very good anejo for me, but not quite great.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 4 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

If I was forced to pick an all time favorite tequila this would be it for a number of reasons. First you can smell a combination of oak and agave in the nose. The taste is similar when I drink this tequila I first taste the oak and then a bit of agave in the finish. If you don't like an oaky flavor in your tequila and prefer a much stronger agave flavor then chances are you will not enjoy this tequila as much as I do. It is one of the smoothest tequilas that I have ever tried and if you enjoy something to sip on it is recommended. Obviously the price is effected by the beautiful bottle but it still is a less expensive tequila then some of the other ultra-premium tequilas out there. If like me you enjoy the taste of a great anejo buy this tequila because you will enjoy it.
T
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 4 0
View all user reviews