Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do with your empties?

Wow, very creative! I usually just keep the empties after I drink them and keep them on a shelf. I have a couple that I would never buy, but got to drink the last shot out of the bottle and work, then got to keep the bottle (Like Patron Platinum and Burdeos) Overprice, but cool to add to my bottle collection.

I save most cool bottles. Casa noble, corzo, oro azul, milagro single barrel, 1942 are taking up space in my cabinets right now. I also have about 60 don julio blanco airport bottles i got a good ebay deal on. I took off the labels and use some for spices. they look kind of cool. If anyone wants about 50 of them for a cool craft project or something they are yours.

Wow, the spice bottle idea is awesome too. Let me know what you want for them.

I'm starting to accumulate some bottles myself. One possible use is as candle holders. Letting the wax melt and drizzle down would look cool. Of course you can continue to replace the candles forever.

I have noticed lamps made of tequila (and other liquor) bottles on eBay. One person on eBay also takes several mini-bottles and makes a string of party lights with them - kind of like Christmas tree lights. Those would look neat strung-up outside along a fence, maybe hanging under a patio table umbrella, or on a wall behind a bar.

You could also use empties for decanting new bottles of tequila.

Hey sac. Sorry I just saw your post above. Well I'm only a year late responding. Sorry I would have just given them to you but they are gone now. I guess you'll just have to drink 50 of your own mini bottles

My son made some really cool drinking glasses out of my empties by cutting off the top and sanding the break smooth.

My wife's favorite is 4 Copas Anejo - what good taste.

Robert

blagave is offline Agave Aficionados

Quote Originally Posted by RJC5XTC View Post
    My son made some really cool drinking glasses out of my empties by cutting off the top and sanding the break smooth.

My wife's favorite is 4 Copas Anejo - what good taste.

Robert
    What a great Idea.....I have about 10 empties of the DJ 1942 that would make perfect glasses.

Did you son use a tile saw or something to cut the bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by rrehkemper View Post
    Great job. One of these days I plan to make a lamp out of a Clase Azul Talavera since they seemed to have been shaped perfectly for that. Just have to figure out how to get a hole drilled through it for the electrical chord.
    Diamond drill bit for glass or tile.
    On topic, I usually just chuck mine in the trash or occasionally find a recycle bin.

Quote Originally Posted by blagave View Post
    What a great Idea.....I have about 10 empties of the DJ 1942 that would make perfect glasses.

Did you son use a tile saw or something to cut the bottles?
    He used a dremel diamond wheel to score the bottles and then wrapped the score in twine which he set on fire and then gently tapped the score to break the top off. I am thinking of trying it with an abrasive blade on a cutoff saw - would hate to go to the expense of a diamond blade if I can avoid it.

Robert

I used to collect them, then I got too many and got rid of a bunch.

If they are a good shape my favorite thing to do is recycle them!! I use a diamond drill bit to drill a 1/2" hole, insert a downstem, and you know the rest. Hehe.

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast